Sunday, November 8, 2020

Thankfulness Repeat

 1. Thankful and most grateful for the lady in front of us at our local Starbuck's who paid for our order. We, in turn, paid for the car behind us. It was a nice day and a good feeling to see some folks are just plain and simply nice.

2. Thankful that the wind did not carry away our tent cover in the backyard. A few weeks ago the lady behind us had her tent and cover blow over the fence of our neighbor directly behind us. It was tangled in some overhead lines. We are glad she was able to get the help she needed to avoid a tragedy.  Grateful.

3. Thankful that my stack of winter reading is sitting pretty, waiting for me to indulge  As winter prepares to make it's debut I will be able to cozy up with a good read.

4. Grateful and thankful that I found a favorite cream of mushroom recipe. Can't wait to make it along with a few other dishes on my food for thought list.

5. Thankful we are halfway to our Thanksgiving menu. I noticed while shopping yesterday, shelves are empty of all the things people normally buy to prepare for the holiday.

6. Thankful to be here but feeling weird. My hubby kept saying all day long, it is so weird. Some people walking around like zombies in stores and driving on the roads. There are so many reasons for the feelings of weirdness.  Otherwise we are healthy, happy and very much in the know of what is happening in our country.

7. Thankful we can still celebrate our military. My cousin Ray (USN) and his sons Ray Jr. (USN) and Frank (USAF) are all proud Veteran's. It is sad because in previous years I was able to send cards to my friend Kathy O and her sister Marlene who both served in the USN. Kathy passed away and her sister sort of became more reclusive. You could pray for her if you are called to. She is truly, truly. a lost soul. My hubby's two uncles Bud (USAF) and Duane (USA and USN) served during WWII and Duane's daughter Carolynn served in the USA during desert Storm. I have asked for names and addresses to send cards but I have only received three so thanking Carl (USA), Billy (USA) and Richard (USN) as well.  I feel it is very important to remind our Veteran's and active military how very important they are to us and our current freedoms. Grateful.

8. Thankful a chili starter we can not locate in the grocery stores can be ordered through their website. Johnson chili is local so we are grateful we can order in a larger quantity directly from their company.

9. Thankful we are still hanging in here with all the weird things going on in America. Grateful God is ultimately in control and we will give it all up to Him.

10. Thankful we live in a place where we have access to great Mexican food. We love all the dishes and whenever I think of our hometown in Pueblo, CO. I think of my friend Chris Bartels. Her mom Delores was the lady who kept things fair and honest in the election dept. at the county courthouse. The sad thing is, she was widowed and retired ready to travel and really enjoy her life. Instead sadly she passed away in a traffic accident. She made the best chili mole ever! i was thinking of Chris and her mom and remembering some good memories with Chris. We worked together and we use to walk from the title company where we worked a few blocks to the county courthouse to do our daily work. Chris had a brand new leather jacket and a bird flew over us and...well, I am guessing you know what that bird did! Poor Chris, she was mortified and I said be grateful your jacket is leather and will clean up quickly. 




4 comments:

Martha said...

Lovely thankful list as always! :)

Mevely317 said...

Weird, yes! We'll be going to my son's for Thanksgiving, but seeing your mention of empty shelves has me thinking I'd better start stockpiling for Christmas. (Supply chain's only bound to get worse, right?)
I've not heard of Johnson, but we love chili so will be checking out their website. Work smarter, not harder!

As ever, thanks for your call to prayer. BTW, did you get the addresses I sent you for Tom and my son?

My Tata's Cottage said...

Myra yes thank you. I wrote this before I saw the email. Thank you much!

messymimi said...

Much thanks to our Veterans! You have a proud military heritage in your family.