Friday, November 6, 2020

BE THANKFUL 2020

 

I have a small clear storage box filled with these little sun catcher's. The sun hits that little bar and these move side to side. I love this guy, he gets no respect. Kind of like the comedienne Rodney Dangerfield. Bur I love him and I have three of these, all different, for THANKSgiving. I have a storage box filled with New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, Patriotic ones, Halloween, Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas.


1. I am thankful for outdoor fires in the fireplace. In the cooler nights it is a blessing. The smell, the flames and the heat all contribute to making one cozy.

 

Jake and Hannah built this magnificent fire when we visited them. It was perfect.

2.  I am grateful for faith in God. This touched my heart during this wild election week. I know God knows all the truth. Everyone will answer to Him and Him alone.


  
I loved Elisabeth Elliot. She loved God with such a rare passion. I still admire her even though she is gone on to her heavenly reward.

3. I am thankful whenever the truth is revealed. Sometime we have to wait for it but we will know the outcome. We need to be wary and watchful. So much around us is fake .I spent a great deal of the morning searching my bible and finding so many Scriptures related to crookedness . The bible is a wealth of knowledge. 

4. I am thankful for CHRISTmas music. This year I think we are going to be able to watch the Trans Siberian Orchestra on T.V. We have seen them in person twice and it was unbelievable. It made us feel so good and the weather was cold and crisp. It made for a perfect evening out. I have playlists of dozens of CHRISTmas music and I have Handels Messiah too. My all time very favorite . 

5.  I am thankful for warm blankets. I have a beautiful mauvy pink blanket that Addy gave me as she was my Secret Santa last year. It is soft and fuzzy like a real fur coat, but so plush and I love to curl up underneath it. We have an electric blanket or a heated blanket as they are now called. It keeps those toes warm and toasty in the cold weather months.  I Know so many are not as fortunate as me and I get really sad because it is hard to rest without a safe place to lay ones head.

6. Thankful for the gift of sight. I may repeat this one but because my grandmother lost her sight due to a detached retina when I was 7, I feel my sight is an extremely precious gift, I just had a good eye exam and am good for another year minus the fact that cataracts will be creeping up on me.  The hubby had the surgery, one year for one eye and several years later for the other .  His eyesight is still decent for an older person. My mom had good sight and my old eye dr. wanted to argue that with me. My mom could still read without glasses at elbows length when she was in her 80's. Sorry doc it was the truth.

7. Thankful because I can still hear. I worked in an ENT office for 12 years and learned a lot. Did you know you can develop dementia from not being able to hear and always make sure your ears stay clean. We use equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide and warm water to clean our ears. If you are hearing muffled sounds you can do this or have your doctor check your ears out. If you suffer from itchy ears you switch the peroxide for rubbing alcohol with the warm water to clean our ears. The hubby doesn't like the over the counter wax removal kits but they help me so I will use them occasionally. Hearing is an important part of our lives.  The ear is complex and I am always amazed how God put it all together. Very thankful.

8. Thankful for everyday sights and sounds. Listening to birds in the morning and neighbor dogs that I know. Duke  next door has known me for 10 years and yet he still barks when he sees me outside. He loves all the pups and Leo. Go figure? Hmmm.....I miss my friend Kodiak. He was a beautiful Husky. He was going blind and he once got out of his yard and walked all the way to Aurora, CO. Someone found him. took him to the vet and returned him to my other neighbor Mark. That dog never made a sound unless I did not bring him his daily treat. Then he howled until I came outside. Let me tell you, he had me trained. I walked in two feet of snow to the fence to give him a treat in stormy weather.  He waited for me too!. Then he would go inside via his doggy door. I miss him. He passed away last year and it is hard not seeing him at the fence. I think he took that journey to prove to everyone he was still young at heart.

9. Thankful for a sound mind currently. I always admired my mom for that. She lived to be nearly 88 years old and she was very smart and I miss her terribly. She knew exactly what to say to calm your fears. My friend has an aunt who is 90 and her mom is in her late 80's. Both ladies are quick quick witted and keep active. My friend Bea is 90 and she is sharp except for some eye problems she still keeps in tune with current events via talk radio. I Love having conversations with her. She is such a great lady. She helped me to be more bold with the doctors we worked for in medical research in the 1980's. She was smart and sassy and she still is! I treasure her friendship.

10.Thankful for a sound nights sleep and a good bed. I will share Leo's story in another post. Let me tell you, that dog is smarter then the average bear! He likes a tempur pedic mattress. He realizes at his age, that helps him get a goodnight's sleep. HaHaHa




3 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I am always telling Bob how thankful I am that I have a comfortable bed to lay down in at night and coffee that is waiting and I can smell it when I wake up and to have that first cup of coffee propped up in bed which we have done for 36 years. I'm also thankful that I can hear and see I jealously guard and do things to keep my sight and my hearing because Bob drives me crazy or his lack of hearing I should say. And my mom also went blind for the last 5 years of her life and she only lived to be 63. Many of what you said here I'm thankful for also

Martha said...

Another lovely thankful post!

messymimi said...

In this house, we know how important sight and hearing are, Sweetie has had troubles with both.

Now it's time for me to go get in my cozy bed, i have caught up on blogs as much as i can today after work.