Sunday, November 15, 2020

Grateful and Thankful

 1. Grateful for the fact that the wind died down and we are suppose to get a bit of a break from the cold. It has been miserable but I sure am glad today was better then yesterday. Always something, even it is's simple, to be thankful for. 

2. Grateful I can see the new doctor at my derm office. I do the full body scan, oh joy! But checking for any signs of cancer on moles. My sister Mary says she think we are related to frogs! (ribbit ribbit). Thankful!

3. Grateful my hubby bought me the best lunch today. He ordered Pad Thai with shrimp for me. It was delicious and my favorite dish these days. Thankful for this blessing of good food.

4. Grateful for being able to spend the day together tomorrow. We both have a haircut appointment at ten a.m. Thankful the girls at our local hair salon are so accommodating

5. Grateful my honey bought me a Llama Ugly CHRISTmas sweater although I L O V E  them and do not think they are ugly. That is just mean and I am just Thankful.

6. Grateful for early birthday gifts. Tomorrow my  portable DVD player will arrive. It is old fashioned but we have tons of DVD movies so we are both grateful. Thankful.

7. Grateful Jeremy our son found a great deal for us to upgrade our phones. We also found cases with built in screen protectors that had five star ratings . The little things add up to big things for us and we are most Thankful.

8. Grateful we put up our CHRISTmas tree today. We have an artificial (I am allergic to the real thing) and we have a plain one and a flocked one. So we put up the flocked tree. Thankful.


Tomorrow I will turn the lights on. The hubby just turned them off.  I have not decorated in my curio yet. That will be later. 

9. Grateful for all the ornaments we have. Memories in each and every one of them. It is a joyful time for me to put them all on the tree. I love it and I spend two or three days decorating with them. Thankful.

10. Grateful that everyday I live, I learn something new, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to others. I love finding out new things and keeping my mind fresh Like playing rummy, it is something I truly enjoy and for it all I am extremely Thankful.


Nick's office tree. It is a pencil tree, a cashmere one hee hee hee. Tomorrow I will take a photo with the lights on. It was too small for all my ornaments and Nick was tickled to get it. 

Keep your CHRISTmas -heart open all the year round.  J L W Brooks 

5 comments:

Martha said...

Can't wait to see them with lights on. Early Happy birthday to you!

MadSnapper said...

Happy before your birthday to you! I like that pencil tree I can't wait to see it lit up does he put ornaments on his tree! I'm laughing because it takes me less than 15 minutes to put up my Christmas because it goes in the nook and for the past two years I didn't put up the little tree with ornaments I put up the Charlie Brown tree which means lifting it out and sending it down no lights no bother haha. I did order some new fairy lights for the Nook so that might take some work. They say year round.

Rita said...

Happy birthday soon. Lots to be grateful for these days, especially. :)

Mevely317 said...

Okay, so I just wrote a small novel then 'poof' ... my comment disappeared. Not funny, Blogger.
To recap ...
I hope you'll share a picture of you modeling the new Llama sweater. Love the way Avery thinks. Much better (IMHO) than roses or chocolates.
Ours isn't a flocked tree -- those are my favorites -- but I hope Tom will agree to bring it down from the attic soon.
So cool about Jeremy helping with your phone upgrades. We've been in 'Verizon hell' since last Friday. Tom's old one went belly-up and he needed something right away. Gotta say, I've never encountered any ruder associates this side of New York City. They acted like the could have cared less about helping and just gave us a piece of paper to transfer. One thing led to another and Tom was like, "I'm going to throw this thing in the lake." Gotta say, the tech support people are the BEST. I asked the fellow this morning if they're required to have a degree in psychology. LOL.

messymimi said...

What a joy, to already be decorating for Christmas.