Friday, November 20, 2020

Thankful

 1. Thankful for not wanting to travel to the newest burger joint, In-n-Out Burger and wait 14 hours, yes, fourteen hours, to have a burger! So we had a Smashburger.Poor Nick, he ordered on line and waited one hour to get our order. He said Door Dash drivers were yelling at the employees. I guess they did not want to wait 14 hours at In-n-Out Burger either! Grateful.

2. Grateful that the days blend together for me as they always have. I try to stay away from too much negativity. I think we all need to do what we feel is best for each of us in our own situations. I am use to being at home but I get exercise, walk in the yard and get my sunshine. I love my life and am thankful for it.

3. Thankful for little kindnesses I experience. Today my SIL Roger was kind enough to drive me to the bank and credit union. The bank was quick fast but the credit union, it is a sad story. Their motto is :We are BS Free:. I am not sure who is running the place but their marketing skills stink like their logo and they have no regard for customers, their time and most certainly, their patience. It is sad when businesses totally disregard their customers who make their businesses work. Grateful I am not part of that disaster.

4. Grateful for washing machine cleaner packets. They help keep the washer clean and smelling fresh. Makes me wish I had patented such a product Thankful for whoever did create it.

5. Thankful to be able to still keep up and move around. As I get older I think of people I see in wheelchairs and wonder what caused them to become no longer mobile. I try to keep moving and many years ago, when I was a young mom, a young doctor told me to keep moving my knees that I would never regret it. She was right and I am grateful.

6. Grateful to have a more quiet holiday season. To  be honest, I think people have gotten away from the  true meaning of CHRISTmas and  THANKSgiving. I think we all need to look at this days as what they are truly meant to be and not just a gift buying and grabbing fest.  Thankful to know the true meaning of both of this seasons special days. Thankful.

7. Thankful to spend moments just resting and recharging my battery each day. I tend to overdo and so lately I have taken time for myself. Grateful I did this.

8. Grateful for Leo and watching him grow older too. He moves a bit more slowly than he use to. He likes to rest comfortably. It is a good feeling to see the different seasons of life. Thankful he is here with us. 

9. Thankful for all the CHRISTmas lights. Getting into the holiday season is fun and love seeing all the twinkling lights and beautiful trees. I am still working on my two trees trying to get them properly decorated. Grateful.

10. Grateful for all the little things I have come to appreciate everyday like my deep Blue Rub and my Boar's hair brush (it makes your hair shinier). I have a long list but I will share these two now. Thankful.




4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

We are thankful that we have our Beau. Thankful that we have each other and I was still able to walk and talk and see and hear and sometimes sing! I have only been in our bank three times in the past seven or eight years. I do everything online so no need to go to a bank in fact they have closed our bank and all the banks in our city and its a well-known huge Bank. They have one Bank open in our city and that's for people who want to make an appointment and have to do something inside evidently everybody else is using online. They do have drive-up ATMs but none with people inside like they used to have but I don't even do that if I want cash I get it at Walmart when I buy my groceries. Sorry to go rattling off

Mevely317 said...

"BS Free"?!?! Seriously? Ugh.
Unfortunately, we've neither In-and-Out nor Smash Burger nearby. Personally, I couldn't understand the appeal of the former. But oh man, I miss Smash Burger!
You're right. Little things me a LOT!

messymimi said...

It's sad about the credit union. Those are owned by the members and are supposed to be run for the benefit of the members.

We are having Thanksgiving with masks and hand sanitzer and it will be warm enough to sit outside to eat. Smaller and a bit different, but good.

pilch92 said...

Wonderful thankfuls. My mom bought me some washing machine cleaner a couple weeks ago- I had never heard of it before. Have a nice rest of your weekend. XO