Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Grateful and Thankful

 1. Grateful for essential oils and my diffuser.  If you have a headache, there are so many oils that you can combine to rid yourself of a headache. I am thankful.

2. Thankful for fresh sheets and towels. Since all the laundry is finished it is good to sleep soundly on  fresh sheets. Grateful.

3. Grateful for Spumoni and Peppermint ice cream. It is funny, they are holiday flavors at my local grocery store. We love the dessert at the Old Spaghetti Factory, it is a scoop of Spumoni ice cream. But we have not been there since the start of all this world chaos. Thankful for ice cream.

4. Thankful for coupons. Prices at the grocery store are getting higher and higher. The digital coupons help. Especially when I was able to buy laundry detergent and it had a$3 off coupon. Grateful.

5. Grateful for all the CHRISTmas catalogs that arrive this time of year. Gives me something to dream about. I am very Thankful.

6. Thankful for throw pillows. I love them! Around the holidays there are so many cute pillows everywhere. I would be more grateful if I could buy more of them. Heeheehee Grateful.

7. Grateful for laughter. without it I am not sure I could survive. Sometime funny things are just needed if you have a bad day or feel sad or overwhelmed. Laughter is a cure all. Thankful.

8. Thankful the grocery store had my French Vanilla DeCaf K Pods in stock. I have searched for them and could not find them for over a month. They are so good. I told you I use collage and it tastes better mixed with coffee then tea. I am very Grateful.

9. Grateful Thanksgiving is nearly here. It is just a good holiday for food and conversation. We do our Secret Santa on Thanksgiving too. It is lots of fun and we enjoy it. Thankful.



10. Thankful for aprons. I have a small collection of them and use them everyday. My mom always wore an apron. I have had friends make them for me, I have found them in thrift shops and I have purchased a few as well.  My mom had several cobber style aprons. I need to find one for myself. I am very grateful for them. 


Hoping everyone is having a great week. They come and go quickly for me. Take care everyone.




4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Awwwww, on the aprons. My mother sewed many, and was always after me to put one on while at the sink. I've only one of hers remaining -- a 'cobbler' variety that's too snug, but I treasure it. Good idea to look for them in thrift shops. Unfortunately, I've ruined several nice t-shirts lately .... all these years later, I've learned my lesson.

Our Bible Study leader sells the Young Living essential oils, but I've resisted on account they're so $$$.
Wow. Christmas catalogues used to be my favorite -- starting with Miles Kimball. (Remember them?) Once I even opened a charge account at Neiman Marcus so I might get their iconic catalog ... coffee table worthy. The only thing I ever ordered was a canned bread assortment for my mother.

Happy Thursday!

MadSnapper said...

My mother my aunt's in fact all of my aunts all wore aprons around the house. They all wore the kind you tie around your waist. Was no top! I always despise wearing them because I can't stand anything tight around my waist but I did wear something like this cobbler apron it wasn't call that but it looked kind of like that I had to wear that I will when I worked at Sears Automotive. I have actually looked for one of these because it has pockets. I wanted it to wear while I walk the dog.

messymimi said...

Aprons are fun to wear, at least to me. My cleaning apron for work is so important, i wouldn't want to be without it.

Someday i have to look into aromatherapy. Just smelling peppermint or wintergreen makes me so relaxed and happy there has to be something to it.

pilch92 said...

I am enjoying your thankful lists. I love spumoni, but can't find it anymore. XO