Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thankful

 

1. Thankful for these words. God does transform burdens into blessings, trials into triumph and hardships into Hope

2. Thankful each day is a blessing and today I spent much of my time shopping, prepping and cooking some dishes.


3. Thankful for Ann Landers recipe for Pecan Pie. I have made this holiday pie since 1972. My dad would eat a slice and smile. Auntie Ang said I was a good baker, but not like her. She made everything including the crust from scratch. Thankful for all my memories of them.

4. Thankful I can close my eyes and see mom at the oven or bread board cooking all her dishes. She was a fantastic cook. I miss them all so very much. Thankful for their faces etched inside my heart.

5. Thankful for snowy days that are starting to melt away. Trudging to the garage across the yard for freezer goodies makes me incredibly thankful for the lot in life I was given. Adored my dad, loved my mom and all those beautiful relatives who left this earth for a better place. I love to breathe the outdoor air when it is so cold and crisp.

6. Thankful God made only one of each of us. I often wonder about the babies and infants I personally knew and what their lives would be like today. I am 100% totally against abortion and know God can forgive but I wonder how many babies lost would have made a huge difference in this world. I love my uniqueness. Never forget you are a gift from above. Thankful.

7. Thankful for little helpful things to make the hip pain and shoulder aches go away. My heating pad with a shoulder wrap and tie for my lower back and hip makes me so grateful. Little blessings mean more then all the fancy things others may have and not appreciate.

8. Thankful for blogging friends who stop by. Who share their lives and who have some similarities to me. Like being left handed. I am always grateful I am left handed and am unique all together.

9. Thankful for the meal we will have tomorrow. All the wonderful smells and delicious dshes we get to savor. So very grateful.

10. Thankful for my faith. With out it I would be nothing. 


"Gratitude is the memory of the heart." Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French. 

Poetry:

For each new morning with it's light,

For rest and shelter of the night, 

For health and food, and love of friends,

for everything Thy goodness sends.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! ENJOY YOUR DAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED. EAT YOUR DESSERT FIRST IF THAT MAKES YOU SMILE. ENJOY WHATEVER YOU HAVE AND NEVER BE UNGRATEFUL. ALWAYS BE KIND AND DON'T EXPECT EVERYONE TO THINK EXACTLY LIKE YOU THINK.




5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Emerson said it all perfectly! Happy Thanksgiving enjoy your day with family

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am thankful we do not have Covid, and can breathe DEEP.

Mevely317 said...

I don't think it was Ann Landers' recipe, but my mother made the best pecan pie. Light AND dark Karo syrup + coconut. Kicking myself for having misplaced it, and I've not been able to find anything like that on-line.

I'm sure curious about that heating pad with a tie. Altho' the Voltaren ointment is great, my back and hip issues aren't going away any time soon. WHen you've a moment could you send me a link to that product? TYVM!

pilch92 said...

Wonderful thankful. That pie looks so good. I am thankful for your friendship. XO

messymimi said...

Hope you had a blessed and beautiful Happy Thanksgiving!