Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Grateful and Thankful

 

1.Grateful Today's sunrise not as spectacular as yesterdays which I forgot to post. But the skies were so blue and it warmed up again today. Tonight the moon was a crescent shape but I was buying tea at the market and could not get a good capture with all the street lights. Thankful for the stars, the moon and the sun every day.

2. Thankful for little things like tea. By the afternoon I am dragging and although it is too late to drink caffeinated tea, I like a nice cup of peppermint tea. Grateful

3. Grateful for my peppermint candy canes. They are good to stir the peppermint tea and also coffee with peppermint creamer. I love the festive flavors. Very thankful to enjoy them.

4. Thankful for cool nights and good rest. We are in bed by ten most nights during the week, I can not fall asleep anytime earlier. But my hubby's up at 5 A.M. so we have to get the rest. I usually wake up when he is still here. Sometime I head outdoors to capture the sunrise, other days I sleep in. Grateful.

5. Grateful for recycling. It cuts our trash output in half. We have two trash and two recycle containers. I do not care for the trash claw that tears up the containers because nine out of ten times you have to pay to replace them even when their claw rips them apart. I like the old days of real trashmen. It was much more personal and the service was better. Thankful.

6. Thankful for warm winter gloves. The temps go up and down but eventually the snow will come and stay for a few days. We are spoiled. We have better weather then many states but when the cold temps drop and stay, I get grumpy. Otherwise I am very grateful for the snow and sunshine all together.

7. Grateful for winter boots We noticed the little girl from the phamily we are Secret Santa for, asked for warm winter boots. I had have several snow boots but they were too busy, having to be  laced up . Worse than that zipped up and when it is cold zippers do not work well. We will find some cute pull on boots for her. Everyone deserves to be warm and cozy when they have to go outside. We may add gloves and a scarf or hat too. Thankful we will be able to help someone.

8.Thankful for all the wonderful scents of the holidays. Last night, we were at Jeremy's and Brody was having us smell all the Scentsy scents his mom had. He said, smell this one. It smells like a real CHRISTmas tree. That small boy is a real crack up. He is so smart and we enjoy all the time we get with him and his sister and brother. Grateful.

9. Grateful our mechanic can do the work on our Kia Half now and half at the end of the month. He is doing the urgent things this week and two weeks from now he can finish the other things. He is more reasonable than most and very good at what he does. Very thankful.

10. Thankful the annoying bump on my leg fell off. I was very happy as it was bugging me and I wanted to rip it off my leg. Sometime it take a few treatments to get them to fall off but this one worked quick. I was so grateful.





4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are awesome for helping this little girl. That is the REAL Christmas spirit!

MadSnapper said...

we were so glad when they gave us our big recycle bin, and we can put all the rcycle in one bin, not divided like we used to have. we only put out our garbage can once a week, we used to do it twice a week, most of our trash can be recycled. we go to bed at 7:30 and wake up at 3:30, it used to be 8 but the time changes changes us. we are both early birds and for that i am thankful. it i hard to live with one early and one a night owl. i get grumpy when the heat comes here in FL, and when our cool cold comes i am happy. i would be grumpy if we got cold like you do

pilch92 said...

Nice list of thankfuls. How kind of you to buy for a child in need.
I see you have a Kia. I am planning on a Kia Soul for my next vehicle-my car is 2004 so I need one soon. Is yours a Soul and if so, would you recommend one?

messymimi said...

A heart-warming list in more ways than one!