Saturday, November 14, 2020

Pink Saturday and Reasons for Gratefulness

 

Please visit Pink Saturday.This is our 2020 CHRISTmas ornament from the three grands of Jeremy & Brittany.We love it. I am excited for the holidays. Nearly set for THANKSgiving. Sad Hannah and Jake can not join us this year. Otherwise very grateful for the other kids to gather.


1. With the nineteenth anniversary of the passing of my mother coming up November 16, I have been a walking zombie. Somethings are harder to pass on and loss of loved ones is a big one for me. My mom was always so easy to talk to. She knew exactly what to say. I will always miss that about her but would not wish her or any loved ones gone to heaven to this disaster we are moving into for 2021 and beyond. I do not believe the hatred with let up, the violence and constant mean and hateful words people pass back and forth. It's sad but I have to trust GOD as He has a plan unfolding and I want to be part of HIS plan to move upward. I am simply GRATEFUL.

2. Grateful for those precious grands and that precious ornament. 2018 I had two ornaments made with all of our names on it. I Need to update another ornament. We even had all our pets past and present. It was double sided and so sweet. Thankful we can mostly all be together during the holidays.

3. Grateful for hot tea and indoor activities while we have high wind and 20 and 30 degree temps. It has been an incredibly strange time. THANKFUL for all the good times we have.

4. GRATEFUL most of Thanksgiving is ready to be placed on our THANKSgiving table. A plump and juicy turkey will be the centerpiece with all the wonderful dishes we serve on the side. We shopped early and are good to go. THANKFUL

5. THANKFUL and GRATEFUL to have resolved some of the blog and internet woes. It went from bad to worse but things are slowly coming back together. So very GRATEFUL.

6. GRATEFULNESS is easy to find, you simply look around you and see all the tiny and sometime insignificant things we take for granted most days. I thank all of you who have shared your own thoughts too. I love seeing all the thankful and grateful shares.

7. GRATEFUL THANKSgiving and CHRISTmas are coming. I love the holiday music so I was singing in my mind, The CHRISTmas Song by John Denver and the Muppets, Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat... So very THANKFUL.

8. THANKFUL my birthday is just around the corner and I cherish all the good wishes from years past. When I turned 60 I received 60 different wishes and greetings from so many loved ones including some awesome bloggers. Anyone who knows me knows how much I appreciate good old fashioned mail. It thrills me. GRATEFUL.

9. GRATEFUL for mail certainly. Today I received the sweetest note from Char, a high school buddy, who sent a thank you for simply praying for her and checking in on how she was doing. She recently had to have her foot amputated due to neuropathy. She is a trooper, an amazing strong woman and she went through so many  hard losses too. I found the button I posted here and immediately thought of not only myself but I thought of Char too. IT seemed perfect for all the loss we have in our lived. THANKFUL.

10. THANKFUL for all the wonderful friendships here, the friends I have known for ages and all the rest of the friendships that I want to celebrate here now. I am still catching up on commenting so please do not give up on me. I am coming your way. 




5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I am grateful to you for that photo of Big on your side bar, it means so much to me that there are several bloggers, who loved him enough to post his photo on your blog. i am grateful for blog relationships around the world and you are included of course. Bob and i were just sitting here talking about memories of our 5 angel dogs and each time we talk about them, it feels good. memories like your ornament are healing to our souls.

Mevely317 said...

That ornament's adorable! I'm chuckling, on account Blake's the biggest and Addy's the smallest. I totally 'get' what you're saying about the anniversary of your mother's passing. Some people don't understand how 'those' dates are hard-wired in our hearts. But ya, there's been times this year I've thought I'm glad my parents aren't here to witness the cloak of hated and violence. I think I may have missed your birthday last year -- which is NO excuse since it's also that of my granddaughter. Not going to happen again ... my mind's going round and round. :) Happy SONday!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable Christmas ornament!Lovely post as ever!

messymimi said...

Such a sweet ornament! Yes, i think things are going to get worse, but i also believe He is in control, knew it and planned it, working His will without violating ours. It's going to be astounding to watch, and meanwhile, we can just walk as He leads and leave it all in His capable hands.

pilch92 said...

That is a great ornament. Wonderful thankfuls and gratefuls, but I am sorry your mom is no longer with you. XO