Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Thankfulness

 Yesterday time got away from me. As I prepared, very late last night to make my Thankfulness list my computer decided, without warning to complete an update. When I waited patiently for 30 minutes and the clock was ticking off my sleep minutes, I simply was defeated. So I will complete it here but with adding yesterday and a few today  things I consider thankfulness:

1. Warmer Temps. Thankfulness, we still have lots of snow on the ground from the last storm that passed through. Grateful the snow comes and goes but the warmer temps makes life more pleasant. Blessed.

2. Complimenting rather than complaining: Thankfulness! Grateful I fixed the mouse problem. HaHa Sandra said I would be grateful! I think I am to tough on those computer mouse devices. I have gone through three of them in the past couple years . I need to be more gentle handling them. Blessed !

3. Music: Thankful for music, grateful and blessed because so much music makes me so happy. I know I have talked about it before but I am grateful to love it so much as I do not have a musical bone in my body. Yet I respect though that do. 



4. Humor, blessed, grateful and thankful for humor! We watched a PS special from 2015 the 50th Anniversary at the Ryman in Nashville with an all star cast. We sang along with all the songs. Here is a little secret I have kept except from my hubby for many years. If you have ever travel through Colorado and went over Monarch Pass (I am not talking in a snowstorm, I am talking, sun and dry ground).there is a drop on one side that is frightening to me and always has been. My hubby would drive over it and blast the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It was the only way I could cope traveling over it. It still scares me. Many have lost their lives on that pass. Grateful we were always safe and blessed and thankful. It is very beautiful up there.



5. Thankful I grew up when I did. We watched the ABBA special after The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. We sang along with their music too. W OW ! They did not have a huge long career like Jeff Hanna, John McFadden, Bob Carpenter and Jimmy Ibbotson but their music told stories. It was a good program to see. I have always loved John Travolta, from Vinny Barbarino to all the movies he made through the years and He was such a star in Saturday Night Fever. If I get started on the Bee Gees I will be thankful forever. Blessed for all the friends I still have over my lifetime. Grateful for all the music I grew up on from opera to Jim Reeves with my dad to everything I have loved all these years.  Very grateful.



6. Blessed for heroes in music like John Fogerty who sang so many songs and wrote them that had so much meaning to them. Plus he wrote and sang "Centerfield". Oh how I still love old school baseball. Buffalo Springfield who performed  "For What It's Worth". Stephens Stills. I still remember May 4, 1970. I still pray for the families of those lost that fateful day. But the 60's were filled with protests because people cared. They were individual's who stood out and not sheep following the crowd. My how sad that times have changed. But the world has changed and not for the better. So I will love my music and pray and hope to see my Jesus one day and hopefully not too far away in the future. FYI John Fogerty went to his draft board and signed up in 1966. The recruiter signed him up for a supply clerk. Fogerty and he served for 2 years. He also performed in 2014 for a Veterans Days celebration. I am grateful for music. 



7. Blessed for days that are smooth as silk. Not so blessed days go haywire like today. But somehow it all comes back full circle and now I am grateful for quiet and music and time with my favorite person, my sweetheart. Thankful.

8. Grateful for my amazon delivery drivers. Those people really get their job done. I hope they are compensated nicely. Most of them, if I see them are friendly and wish you well. I always give them great  compliments as I fine it is important. People expect everything right now, me, me, me and sometime I know I am guilty too. But I appreciate great service. I hope they are all blessed and I wish them well and to be safe on the roads Thankful. I think amazon and Chick-Fil-A could run the world and do a great job! Those two companies know how to get things done in a safe, timely and quick fashion.  

9. Blessed to celebrate a nice CHRISTmas one more time. I said it before, but I am unsure life will be this easy next year. I am going to continue to pray on it and give it up to God. God is gracious, He is good and I feel thankful for all He does for me each moment of each day I am on this earth. Grateful.

10. Thankful for each person who stops by. I am slow as molasses in January to visit but I will get to your blog too. I spent a great deal of time today with encouragement cards and notes. Than I wrote out CHRISTmas cards but my list is still needing to be completed so I will be back at it tomorrow. It is always a joy to choose a specific card for different folks. I will love snail mail as long as I can send it. Blessed and grateful.



3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I LOVED the Nitty-Gritty Dirt Band ... almost as much as I did ABBA. Anytime I'm down in the dumps or just plain lazy and need to get my you-know-what in gear, I tell Alexa to play their greatest hits and turn her up. Unfortunately, our PBS says that 50th Anniversary show isn't available here.

Amazon drivers are the best!

messymimi said...

Every list makes me smile more.

pilch92 said...

Wonderful thankfuls, as always. I appreciate Amazon and UPS drivers too. Every year right after Thanksgiving, I leave out a basket of snacks and bottles of water. No one is touching it this year- guess they fear COVID.