Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thankfulness

 1. So thankful for the day I had. Although it started out slow, I baked cookies and have an entire container to frost. Then everything fell into place so wonderfully. Grateful for the day and another year to live, at this moment. Blessed.


2. Thankful Addy, Brody and Blake gave me this sweet grandma bracelet. A great birthday gift! It is so sweet. Grateful for loved ones, blessed by all phamily.

3. Thankful for a perfect birthday dinner the hubby gave me. Nick picked it up at one of our favorite restaurants. Steak & Shrimp and a salad . It was great! Grateful and blessed for good food.


4. Thankful for the gifts from Rebekah and Zach, a tiara with a sash to announce my birth age! A Bob Ross bobblehead who talks, and other goodies. A wonderful treat. I get to wear my sash & tiara Saturday too. Grateful and blessed.

5. Thankful that my honey let me win a few hands of rummy. He is such a nice guy being extra nice on my birthday. HaHa - every grateful and blessed.

6. Thankful for a card and a nice gift card from Nick! He isn't too big on birthday cards so this ome meant a great deal. Blessed and Grateful.

7. Thankful for a phone call from a lifelong friend and laughter. She sent me the sweetest birthday card and message and when I texted her  she called me. Grateful for old friends who stay by your side. All through the years. Blessed and Grateful.

8. Thankful for Karen with her handwritten letters. A dying art that is making a comeback during these dark and difficult days we live in. I have read about dozens of assisted living homes who request pen pals for residents. Thoughtful and kind. Blessed and Grateful to have been part of this during the summer. Sending cards and letters to a place where residents have no one to call or visit via cards and letters. It is a good thing so think about it in your own area. Kindness goes a long way. Blessed and Grateful to do this.

9. Thankful for each one of you that stops by to say hello. It is hard to explain to those who do not blog how this all plays outs. We often make friends for the rest of our lives. Grateful and blessed. Thank you.

10. Thankful to simply be alive. Grateful to keep reading the Word of God and blessed to pray for all those who need prayer, who request it and even those who do not know we pray. Thankful.

Shall we make a new rule from life to-night: always try to be a little kinder than is necessary?  J.M. Barrie from the Little White Bird, 1902



4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Happy belated birthday and it looks like he really had a celebration love the scarf and tiara. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I think it would be great if we could all be kinder than necessary

Mevely317 said...

Where on earth did Rebekah and Zach find that tiara and sash? I'm loving how you're being celebrated in the fashion you deserve! Big hugs!

pilch92 said...

Happy Belated birthday! Great photos of you. Love the b'day crown and the bracelet is very pretty. XO

messymimi said...

May you have many happy returns of your birthday!