Sunday, December 6, 2020

Gratefulness

 

1. Roger and Piper were having some quiet time watching T.V. Roger looks so serious but if you saw my blog post Phamily Blog you will see he is loving having this little girl around.  I can not get blogger to help me get to my linked pages. So annoying. But I am grateful to blog and enjoy it immensely. My problem is, I stop by for a visit and start catching up on that individual bloggers posts. HaHa, there goes my hour of commenting time. But I eventually get to where I need to go. I am grateful to be blogging and enjoying my phamily time too. Very blessed and thankful.

2. Grateful for evening snacks, celery sticks with cheddar  cheese on the go and olives. We usually have a light breakfast and bigger lunch on the weekend. Tomorrow we are going to make Italian sausage sandwiches. Y U M ! Grateful, Thankful, Blessed.

3. Grateful for my hometown page at social media. I find out so much good information there. Today someone posted that Tom, the brother of Ed passed away.,  I Knew Ed from k-12 and he lived with my hubby when they were single and cruising for chicks in the 1970's in Denver. His brother Tom was in the USMC during the Vietnam War era and served. He had also written poetry. Very sad to hear of his passing. Their dad was a good friend to my husband as well and he owned a Mexican restaurant in our hometown. All his recipes came from his mother who brought them with her from Mexico. It is rare to find good food like that today but our hometown has lots of great Mexican food places. Unfortunately when Tom Sr. passed away so did all those recipes as no one took over the restaurant. Grateful to have known them and blessed for good memories. Thankful for all these memories.

4. Grateful for a new week, hopeful for a good one and  getting more projects done. Thankful too and very blessed.

5. Grateful that today the sun was warm and we even opened a window. Around three o'clock in the afternoon it started to get cold and windy. So it was nice while it lasted. Thankful and blessed.

6. Grateful for CHRISTmas lights in our neighborhood. I repeat myself on his one but they make me so happy. I know where a few really special displays are. So we stop by there when we can. BLessed and thankful.

7. Grateful for leftovers and some crisp salad which I can toss together for lunch tomorrow. I Love quick and easy and it makes me thankful for food and blessed to enjoy it.

8. Grateful that night is here and I hopefully will rest well. I tossed and turned all night last night and slept about three hours. Thankful and Grateful.

9. Grateful to be able to pray. My friend's  hubby Carl was at his appointment at the VA and came in contact with someone with the virus. Please pray for both of them because she took him to the appointment. Thankful I can pray and Blessed that God listens so intently.

10. Grateful for this day. It was a good one, we worked hard and accomplished much. Now for rest. Blessed to rest and thankful for a comfy and warm bed. Amen!


Hopeful I will see this sun rise another day. Have a beautiful week and especially a very good Monday.



4 comments:

Martha said...

So much to be grateful for :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think right now, more of us are so grateful for each day we have. You are so thankful, and very aware of your blessings!

messymimi said...

You have such happy lists, thank you for continuing to share them.

Mevely317 said...

A boy and his dog ... sweet photo! I, too, glean such good info from my high school FB group page. More often than I'd like, there's obituaries of those with whom I walked the halls, but it's still a great resource. I, too, fill my 'big' plate at noon .... but I'm also eating more than what's necessary at night. I think this cold weather's has lots to do with my appetite. That's my excuse, anyway!