Friday, December 4, 2020

Blessed Grateful Thankful

 1. Blessed today to have survived! I woke up early, started some laundry, drank my tea, took a shower, dressed and hopped in the car. Drive thru banking, drive thru credit union. Oh Praise Jesus! What a surprise at the credit union to see the face and hear the voice of our sweet friend Nicole! Yay! She was quick fast getting my deposit receipt. We have missed her. She was at our branch and then they shuttled her to a different one. It looks like she might be going to the brand new branch closer to her home. She is a doll and she had that North Dakota accent. What a blessing.

2. Grateful for sales! Needing all those gifts for  Christmas makesme smie when stores on line offer you terrific discounts. I am happy and grateful as all the money you can save is a blessing so I am deeply grateful for them.

3. Thankful for small blessings like a $10 antenna to bring in our local channels while Direct T.V. and the local channels bicker and fight. There are a few programs we love and the guys still like sports so hopefully they will resolve their differences and leave the channels alone. Otherwise this little antenna is terrific and I am blessed, grateful and thankful.

4. Blessed to see the Salvation Army red kettle everywhere you go. They are a wonderful organization. I am grateful to know about them and thankful people support them especially at the holidays. 

5. Grateful for charities that actually give directly to those in need. I probably talked about Heidi and Ed before but when their daughter Rachel was born prematurely and the hospital was across the state where they live, Ronald McDonald House stepped in. They were at the hospital for three months and never had to pay for room and board or meals. 100% of your donation goes to helping those in need. Today I was running errands and Nick wanted something from McDonald's. I don't carry cash but had a few quarters so I dropped them in the slot waiting for my order for Nick. Thankful and blessed for organizations who truly care.

6. Thankful for my tea rewards! Yipee! Today I earned a free canister of tea from my friends at the Republic of Tea. My rewards bought me a $12.50 canister of tea, no charge to me. I was grateful and felt so blessed. Every little bit helps.

7. Blessed to have a sweet young gal with good manners and a kind heart wait on me at a local store. I purchased an item and the weirdest thing, no UPS to scan so she charged me less then I told it was as she scanned it as another item I purchased. I always tell all the clerks and cashiers and tellers thank you and I appreciate you! Grateful to know I am not alone and blessed that kindness spreads quicker then anything negative.

8. Grateful for small hands to help decorate the container of homemade sugar cookies for me. I was baking cookies and did  not realize how far that dough went. HaHa! I have paper bowls filled with frosting in all colors and colored sugar and sprinkles too. Thankful for grands and blessed for phamily.

9. Thankful that tomorrow is Saturday and the hubby can have some extra rest. He was alone today as his co worker was off so he was jumping all day long. But it makes his work day go by so quickly. Blessed that he is working and still has a job.

10. Grateful that Noelle & Roger have a new puppy. Oh she is so cute! I will show her off for Aw...Mondays! Blessed to have met this cute girl and thankful they chose to get a new puppy. In the words of Noelle, what was I thinking! hahaha B L E S S E D!

Before I sign off, pray for Colton. He starts a new and exciting job on Dec 8. He has a mini-vacation before he starts working. He was out with his dad today and baby Shea. She was tired of riding in her car seat, she dislikes it intensely! She was crying and I stuck my head in the door before they drove away. I sang her Baby Shark but I changed the words to Baby Shea! She smiled for a few minutes. I might have to jot the lyrics down. Maybe I will be a one hit wonder grandma! 


Sweet dreams everyone!



4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Shea is beautiful and i am still laughing at the one hit grandma comment. we don't have drive through in our banks now, just drive through ATM's, and only one Bank of America building that is open. all the banks are closed except the one, and it has to be by appointment. can't wait to see the new puppy.. glad you had help with all those cookies

Mevely317 said...

So glad you're feeling better! Shea's SO adorable! Is it just me, or is she her daddy's twin? Like Sandra, I can't wait to see pictures and hear about the new arrival. Babies and puppy dogs make Christmas extra special!

pilch92 said...

Wonderful thankfuls. Baby Shea is adorable. XO

messymimi said...

So many lovely, thankful things!