Saturday, December 19, 2020

Ten days of Thankfulness

 December 19th:

1. Thankfulness, my heart is so full, even with Nick's illness and Tarrah at the hospital trying to keep that busy baby girl settled down until her due date. P R A Y 

2. Thankfulness for good health care to help Nick navigate this illness that is currently baffling doctors.

3. Thankfulness for a gift which arrived in the mail today for my hubby. His work has really upped their game during this year to keep their employees healthy and happy. A little thank you arrived. Oh goodness, they celebrate small businesses and after tasting the granola they sent in one package, I am already needing more of this little companies deliciousness. Like biscotti? Well....the choices are mouth watering. 

4. Thankfulness for all the wonderful CHRISTmas cards we have received. There is nothing that makes me happier (better than shredding junk mail hee hee_) then old fashioned mail. Several friends sent letters and beautiful hand written cards. You can not get a personal touch better than this. I know the mail is running slow this year. Lots of reasons why. I think people are happy to avoid the negative and focus on the good. So the mail is wild. Be kind to the delivery folks. 

5. Thankfulness for getting through yesterday with all the good memories of Alastor Avery on our minds.

6.Thankfulness for kindnesses everywhere Nick was treated yesterday, the urgent care, the imaging facility and the hospital Emergency Room. 

7. Thankfulness for gifts I received from two super ladies, Myra and Ellen .A wonderful feeling to have a surprise awaiting me.  What a pleasant surprise .

8. Thankfulness for the hubby's work bonus which will help during the holidays. When I worked for the doctor, he waited until noon on CHRISTmas Eve to hand out a small bonus and if we were lucky, and he had them leftover, a certificate to buy a ham at the Honey Baked Store. Have you ever been in the Honey Baked Store at 1 P.M. after fighting the banking crowd to deposit your bonus check? I'll just say, it is a once in a lifetime experience you will experience.  A friend once said, never not be grateful for any gift, because it was thoughtful and it is free. Wise advice.

9. Thankfulness for Heather, our former babysitter when the younger kids were small, writes the most beautiful CHRISTmas letter. She and her hubby Joshua have 6 sons. They live in the country, and they have a huge property with lots of outer buildings. Each time they renovate one of the buildings, it is a major joyful occasion. She makes everything a positive accomplishment whether it was the job loss of Joshua after working their his entire adult life. If it was the challenges of two sons moving out on their own and ripping a band aid off their mom's heart. The prospect of a new job for Joshua and a new adventure for all of them. She even made the attack of the virus a positive because through it all God kept them relatively healthy, safe and worked many good things into their lives especially saving their souls. I love Heather, she is a ray of light on the darkest days. 

10. Thankfulness for the week of CHRISTmas to be here and giving us a reason to celebrate whether all together or in small gatherings. Grateful to celebrate Jesus and all He has done for each one of us. I will continue to take my chances with him, today, tomorrow and into the unknown future. 

I feel like today was a much better day although still waiting on the doctor's call is trying my patience. My mind has cleared somewhat and I felt I could try to keep this thankfulness blog going another day.

Be safe, be happy and always lend a kindness to others. 

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I LOVE your positivity! Heather sounds like an amazing wife and mother.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have much to be thankful for. And best of all, you know it and celebrate it! I hope the doctor calls soon!

MadSnapper said...

prayers for the new baby to stay safe and for Nick. hang in there is all I can think of.. that fits most lives these days.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for the shout out. Mister Kitty may break into the package if he gets a whiff of the silvervine toast I sent him, it is more potent that catnip.
I will be praying for Nick. XO

messymimi said...

Such a beautiful list. Praying for all of you.