Thursday, December 17, 2020

Ten Days of Thankfulness

 I have been away, heavy hearted thinking of Alastor Avery and how he would look today. He would be two years old December 18th. My sweetheart was home Monday and Tuesday and that helped. I need to write down all the thoughts on thankfulness I have had . 

TUESDAY:  Thankful for all the photos we have of this precious boy. This one from April 2019. He was a sweet boy and he could be very serious too. Missing him each day since he has gone to his heavenly home. 

The ocean has its ebbings, - so has grief. ~ Thomas Campbell

WEDNESDAY :   Remembering each moment spent with Tiny Alastor Avery. Seven months seems like a brief moment in time. Hoping we would have had more time with him but God always has a plan and His plan is the one that Alastor Avery needed. He left us so suddenly yet his smile, his face, his laughter and his voice will always remain inside my heart. Thankful I Had those moments with him. Grateful no one can take them away from me. Blessed to know I want to share in his heavenly home someday. 

He that lacks time to mourn lacks time to heal.  Henry Taylor

THURSDAY: Thankful for memory planted inside my mind and etched inside my heart. Remembering his smile, the very last time I had the opportunity to bathe his little chubby body. He was being especially rambunctious and I looked at his sweet face and said, Who is splashing all the water out of my bathrub?  He laughed at me and hit his hand on the water. Everyday I step into that bath I remember him sitting their staring up at me with his beautiful blue eyes and laughing and splashing. Those are the memories you take to heart. Don't let the sadness, the tears, the what if's get to you. God had a plan, I know this. Grandfather Avery says it the best, we were given the honor of knowing an Ambassador of Heaven for a little while. It gives me great comfort. Thankful for seven months of Alastor Avery and grateful for a husband who helps me keep my sanity by trusting GOD each step of this sad journey in life. Blessed this baby boy does not have to deal with what is coming. The unknown, the heartache, the sadness of this world. He is at peace and happy nestled in the arms of Jesus.

Loss the great redefiner of life.  Terri Guillemets


Our hearts mourn when a loved-one departs, but with courage we learn to accept their absence in our lives. In gratitude, we appreciate the time that was given. And with love, the memories are not forsaken. We continue to create new ones so we can smile again. ~Dodinsky




3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a sad anniversary! My heart aches for y'all ... and all those who've had to say "goodbye" to a loved one. I love Avery's comment about him being an Ambassador from Heaven. That's wonderful.
Hugs!

pilch92 said...

Sending you hugs. I can't even imagine the pain you are feeling from the loss of this beautiful boy. XO

messymimi said...

Sending prayers, and wishing i could send hugs, too.