Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wacky Wednesday

 


Today was truly a Wacky Wednesday! Now I need to find a copy of this Dr. Seuss book. Let me back up a bit, my wackiness started Tuesday night! I felt kind of blah, long busy day, tired, more things to do than I had done. So I took a couple Tylenol. Except I am not a fan of the caplets, as they are so big and can gag a person at times. I took them and immediately felt like they were stuck between my throat and my stomach! Aack!  I spent my night tossing and turning. Around 2:30 in the morning I felt nauseous and could feel that Tylenol taste stuck in my throat. Yuck! So I sipped water and sipped Peppermint tea and fell asleep again until 7 A.M. My head still hurt, from lack of sleep. So I rested. I never turn the T.V. on during the day so that was a plus for me. But I tune in to a contest on the radio. No phone, no radio, ti was heavenly. I rested until ten o'clock. I prayed, I was thinking about different things I Had to do and I used my zero gravity option on my bed. I am not the type of person to carry my phone around as if my life depended on it. So I enjoyed much needed peace and quiet.


I ate soup and took my time getting my ahower and getting dressed. I even made a batch of good old white rice since my tummy was now upset from the Tylenol. This soup is a google image from  Soup. Now I may have to try this recipe. Around noon the hubby called and asked if I put the check he gave me in the bank. Uh-oh! Nope, I had not so I raced out the door thinking I would go to the drive up banking window and take care of it. I had some recycle so I grabbed my recycle bag, my phone, Purse on my shoulder and check in my hand. When I got to my car, the phone was gone and so was the check! I raced back to the recycle bin. There was my phone sitting on top of the recycle I dumped. Good thing I rinse containers, cans etc. but no check. I went back to my car, tore through my purse, nothing! Ran to my recycle bin. Halfway down the bin was that check staring up at me! So my wacky day really had begun!

\

Finally my new Brooks sneakers arrived. I was a bit upset because earlier the mail carrier left my hubby's pair on the porch None for me! So when I returned from my errand I waited patiently for these to arrive. I do not think you want to hear about the trip to the gas station after the bank. I will just say the stupid card reader was not working and it said go inside!  I did not feel up to running in there as I would have to grab my mask, my purse, you know this drill. Nope, just cancelled it and drove home. Which is really where I had planned to spend my day.

I found this google image that exactly spells out my thoughts about taking time for yourself. Turning off your phone or staying away from the radio or any one or thing that will ruin your relaxation. I am planning to deem Wednesday my TLC Day! You should join me and you can pick any day you want !

GRATITUDE/GRATEFUL:

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessèd world. ~Terri Guillemets


THANKFULNESS:

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton, A Short History of England, 1917


BLESSED:

O, money can't buy the delights of the glen,
Nor Poetry sing all its charms:
There's a solace and calm ne'er described by the pen
When we're folded within Nature's arms!
~James Rigg, "Nutting Time," Wild Flower Lyrics and Other Poems, 1897


Has this ever been you? I suppose today was just a warning about the other days like this one. Ha Ha Ha! I love this and I have actually done things like this.  I did get my bathroom sparkling clean today. That was a major accomplishment after my recycle incident.


Proverbs 16:20 

Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. Proverbs 16:20 ESV 


I love the image the author used to convey the message of this verse.


Rest well, enjoy some sweet dreams and hoping to see you again tomorrow. I am feeling so much better than I did last night. No more Tylenol caplets for me! I had a full day so I am ready for a good night's rest. Hoping your day was filled with thankfulness, gratefulness and blessings.


5 comments:

pilch92 said...

I can totally relate to that kind of day. I am glad my hubby just made chicken soup because I really want some after seeing that photo. Sorry the Tylenol sets off your tummy. XO

Mevely317 said...

What a comedy of errors! Well, it was comedic to this reader -- I'm sure not so funny for you digging through that bin.
Scary about those caplets. The same thing happened to one of the gals in our Bible study, which resulted in her hubby rushing her to the ER in the middle of the night. Aside from my itty-bitty thyroid pill, I try not to take anything that's not in gel form.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a scare you had! I totally agree with you, the more stress we are under, the more we need to take care of ourselves. Kind of treat ourself as our own best friend.

messymimi said...

Such a crazy day -- i have had those, too.

By the way, you can take the children's liquid Tylenol instead. Just because it says it is for children, it can be taken by anyone who has a hard time swallowing pills.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh my, what a day you had. I'm so glad you found your check though. That must have been quite a scare.