Thursday, January 21, 2021

Princess Sassy Pants and Everyday LIving

 

2020 was a year we will not forget. But I think 2021 will give us more of the same. I think it is best to make the very best of whatever we have to deal with.

Last weekend Rebekah made these yummy lemon tartlets. They took two days to perfect. Next time. she said she would double her recipe. They were so yummy and they are were perfect two bite treats.


She also made scones. These were the drop style. We have made the ones where you cut them into triangles. The hubby is great about perfecting those triangles. But Rebekah felt these were lopsided. Well.... who cares? They were so delicious. I find imperfection is sometime even more delicious then perfection. I have had some perfect pastries that were a big letdown. Too much work to achieve the perfect dessert can turn disasterous. Trust me these scones with a cup of tea and some clotter cream...heavenly. 


If you have ever made clotted cream from scratch you know there is an art to it. First of all you need patience. Lots of it. Secondly you must bake it on low heat for 24 hours. The wait was tortore! But all in all these delight homemade treats were so special because Rebekah has been honing her baking skills all 2020. It was the best highlight of the year, Next to Baby Shea Shea being born !


This one is a google image. We often get caught up in eating these beautiful treats so the photos are forgotten. You want a good cup of tea to go along with clotted cream and scones. Tarlets too. It was a perfect weekend to have someone who takes pride in their baking. 

Yesterday I was off the grid. I was having a Wacky Wednesday! But Korie Robertson the wife of Duck Commander WIllie Robertson had posted at Instagram. I am not sure of the post, I was not there. But she was shocked at some of the wicked comments so today she posted this.:


43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves to be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Even the tax collectors, do they not do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Even the Gentiles, do they not do the same? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

No matter what your thoughts are, if you tell others you are a Christian, you know better than to post anything hateful or mean. I know no one is perfect int his world. But social media has become a haven for absolute wickedness. I use to enjoy Instagram and often it is every bit as mean and hateful as other social media sites. I admire Korie for posting this beautiful verse. I am hoping many will join in being kind and praying for all people, not just those we like. 

I Like to remain thankful, kind and helpful in this world where we are unware day to day what is going to happen next. I want to be grateful for all the things I have in my life, regardless if they are good or if I feel they are wrong for me.  I love to feel blessed because I have been given so much love by my Father in Heaven. Jesus went to the cross for me. It is the very least I can dofor Him buy spreading kindness. not being a bullying and being respectful. We have fallen off the path and we need to ficur and get back on it. As hard as it may be at times, love is always going to win. 

I appreciate everyone who stops here to say hello. I am in a state of craziness most days and need to better organize my time. With that said I appreciate every single thought you share with me. It means so much that you would take your time to be here. Thank you. 


Sleep well everyone. Keeping everyone in my prayers and hoping we are here tomorrow. May sunshine follow each day you live and kindess be your guide. Thank you for being here. 

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh! Those desserts looks heavenly! I've never tasted a scone, nor clotted cream ... yet. So I can't apply it to baking, but I love your phrase, "I find imperfection is sometime even more delicious then perfection." I forget now who coined the term, "Splendidly Imperfect" but I used that on our wedding invitations back in 2004.
Wishing y'all a blessed day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Rebekah must be a wonderful baker! I agree, the look does not matter as long as it tastes good. The tarts are so pretty.

messymimi said...

Presentation is nice, but the taste is what keeps people coming back for more.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

"It's okay to turn the page" -- more words of wisdom from Princess Sassy Pants. Love it.
Those lemon tartlets look so yummy. They're making my mouth water.