Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Thankful and Grateful and Blessed

 January 5, 2021

Much to be thankful for as Tarrah and Ella and making small steps to get better. Tarrah was able to spend time with Ella tonday but she also had a second round of medication and another dialysis treatment. Ella lost 2 oz. but she is a figther and keeps her strong willed little self fighting to get stronger. Plus she has a cry that that her parents are loving to hear.

Grateful to have had a better day today. A pain in the neck is really a pain in the neck. It is kind of strange to say you have a pain. There is always someone to jump in and say , you probably have the virus. Having worked for doctors for many years I can hear them ask, and where did you get your medial degree? A friend was saying she felt off yesterday, dizzy, headache, sinus pain and someone said you better be careful, I am sure you have the virus. Seriously, and you are a mind reader or perhaps God, naw I don't buy it, Being paranoid is much worst than a pain in the neck or a sinus infection.  Having had three different neurosurgeries in 1984 and 1985 I am an expert on sinus pain and suffering. it appears when they roto rooter my brain, they caused my sinuses to flare up, at least ten times a year since 1984. I know all the signs and symptoms to look for. I am not a rock, I am an intelligent person, so I don't listen to second hand info. I know all the risks associated with the type of surgery I had so I go to the one who knows it all and leave it at that. If I need medical advice, I will ask a medical doctor.

Blessed that after years of struggling with migraine headaches also associated with the surgery I learned how to control them. There never is much medication out that that won't make it worse for me. I know lots of natural treatment that works better and costs less too. I know foods to avoid and food that help.  I am not a huge fan of vaccinations that there is not much research done on.  I worked in the medical school. I Know that drill. I know all the things you can drum up in a lab. I also knew many wise and wonderful doctors that always let us know when to avoid this medication or that vaccine. Since my shunt was put in place due to hydrocephalus I have learned to do my own research if I have good information about various medications and vaccines. Many doctors do not stop and look at medical records. They basically run people through like cattle, having time limits set by their corporations that most of them work for.  I have to watch everything I take, even vitamins. I have to do my own research because I have had bad experiences with some herbal medication in my life. I think people just assume you do not want to follow the crowds regarding all the different things going on in our world today. But some of us have reason to be fearful of reactions that could literally kill us. I have learned I can pray and I can research all my information and I can not be caught off guard. Two years ago I was given the pheumoccocal pnemonia shot and nearly died. When they wanted to me to have the second dose they did not even blink because they did not look at my medical records and I had to sign a form stating I would not take the second dose. My husband's  Pulmonologist said they should have looked at my medical record! 

Sometime things happen and I suppose my life is an opened book at times.  I jsut feel here are so many people who do not listen but think everything they are told is the truth when it is not for all of us. There is a prayer: You may know it in English or perhaps French. 

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is offence, let me bring pardon.
Where there is discord, let me bring union.
Where there is error, let me bring truth.
Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.
Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, let me bring your light.
Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
O Master, let me not seek as much
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love,
for it is in giving that one receives,
it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life

Seigneur, faites de moi un instrument de votre paix.
Là où il y a de la haine, que je mette l'amour.
Là où il y a l'offense, que je mette le pardon.
Là où il y a la discorde, que je mette l'union.
Là où il y a l'erreur, que je mette la vérité.
Là où il y a le doute, que je mette la foi.
Là où il y a le désespoir, que je mette l'espérance.
Là où il y a les ténèbres, que je mette votre lumière.
Là où il y a la tristesse, que je mette la joie.
Ô Maître, que je ne cherche pas tant
à être consolé qu'à consoler,
à être compris qu'à comprendre,
à être aimé qu'à aimer,
car c'est en donnant qu'on reçoit,
c'est en s'oubliant qu'on trouve,
c'est en pardonnant qu'on est pardonné,
c'est en mourant qu'on ressuscite à l'éternelle vie.

I wish it were something all people would read over and over before they judge  others.

Here is another that we all need in our lives:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference

I love the Serenity Prayer and somewhere I have a plaque with these words on it. I love the words because they are so clear cut. 

I am very thankful, grateful and blessed for all things good in my life and also for things that are difficult, uncomfortable or annoying because without them we can not grow.

Thanks for sticking  by me and I am trying to catch up with everyone . I appreciate all who stop by here and my other blog. I am going to get back to visiting and commenting. My biggest drawback is I start reading someone's blog and can not stop so I stop, read and comment . I know if I do not use my time wisely I run out of it but I enjoy the blogs so much I do not think about that. I should keep commenting shorter but sometime you just need to talk to others.

I hope everyone has a good night with sweet dreams and restful sleep. I am heding there too. Thanks for being here.





3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a perfect share, those prayers! Of course I'd heard them, but I needed to read -- and absorb -- them again.
Thank you for sharing your story about the vaccine. Tom's really dubious about getting the Covid on account of his prior lung cancer and COPD ... and I've been giving him a hard time about it. He's finally agreed to ask his pulmonologist, and I'm trying to be okay with that.

pilch92 said...

I am still praying for your family. I am quite familiar with that prayer. XO

messymimi said...

We must give each other grace.

Praying always.