Monday, January 18, 2021

1929: KIndness 2021 : Gratitude

 Today would have been the 92nd birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. and Anne Frank. It is an interesting fact that a friend, Joyce shared this info with me today. How wonderful this world would be if we had more MLK's and Anne Frank's in it.


These two people were filled with kindness. There was no room for hate in their hearts. I like to remember this . I hope you will too.

GRATITUDE:

The test of all happiness is gratitude... ~Gilbert K. Chesterton, "The Ethics of Elfland," Orthodoxy, 1908


Wouldn't it be an exhilarating tonic for the soul to take a moment to appreciate the simple, good things in life which are so bountiful...? ~Author unknown, c.1949



Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone who has done a lot for you. ~G. B. Stern, Robert Louis Stevenson: The Man Who Wrote 'Treasure Island,' 1954


There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com


Thanking God today for the love of family, the loyalty of friends and the kindness of strangers. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com, 2020


Children are grateful when Santa Claus puts in their stockings gifts of toys or sweets. Could I not be grateful to Santa Claus when he put in my stockings the gift of two miraculous legs? ~Gilbert K. Chesterton, "The Ethics of Elfland," Orthodoxy, 1908


The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~Knight's Treasury of Illustrations by Walter B. Knight, 1963  [Knight "gleaned from a wide variety of sources" for his treasury. I've seen this quotation attributed to Jack Herbert, quoted 1966; Mae Maloo, quoted 1975; and John E. Southard, quoted 1977–tg]

Words to ponder.

Enjoy a wonderful ned week. Sweet Dreams, Good rest and a prayer that I will visit with you tomorrow.



5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful quotes!

pilch92 said...

I knew it was MLK's birthday, but I didn't realize it was also Anne Frank's. I agree with your friend. XO

Mevely317 said...

That's so cool about MLK and Anne Frank sharing the same birthday. It's also that of Robert E. Lee, but I think we only talk about THAT in the Southlands.
Great quotes you've chosen!

messymimi said...

Thank you for posting this!

My Tata's Cottage said...


I believe ANne Frank was born in June 1929 and of course, MLK in January 1929. But Robert E. Lee was born Janaury 19th 1807. I learned a lot of RObert E Lee's history from a blog friend and her husband. Whether people like it or not, he was a remarkable man and none of us were there to know any different!I think Joyce was stating that King and Frank would be 92 in 2021 had they lived. :-)