Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Thankful Thursday and My BoJon Heritage

 

HaHaHa! Not in parochial school but high school. Oh my poor mother! A nun, Sister Mary Rita, in my sophmore year of high school once said to me, Miss Kocman, as much as you want to be, you are no one's mother hen! Oh sister...if you could only see me now! I am a mother hen with lots of chicks to tend to. Back than I rocked English class and loved to help others. Just like they helped me with Math or Science. 


Funny we never got sick, never died from hoof and mouth disease or anything else. What a wonderful world it was growing up in the 1950's and 1960's.

A DIFFERENT WORLD:.

A Different World
Song by Bucky Covington
Share

Lyrics

We were born to mothers who smoked and drank
Our cribs were covered in lead based paint
No child proof lids, no seat belts in cars
Rode bikes with no helmets, and, still, here we are, still, here we are
We got daddy's belt when we misbehaved
Had three TV channels you got up to change
No video games and no satellite
All we had were friends, and they were outside, playin' outside
It was a different life
When we were boys and girls
Not just a different time
It was a different world
School always started the same every day
The pledge of allegiance, then someone would pray
Not every kid made the team when they tried
We got disappointed and that was all right; we turned out all right
It was a different life
When we were boys and girls
Not just a different time
It was a different world
No bottled water, we drank from a garden hose
And every Sunday all the stores were closed
It was a different life
When we were boys and girls
Not just a different time
It was a different world
It was a different life
When we were boys and girls
Not just a different time
It was a different world
It was a different world

I am forever thankful for my childhood and the life I was given so long ago. Thankful for my Catholic school education before everyone and everything got strange. Different times, different world, such truth.

 Rest well. dream some sweet dreams and praying for a new tomorrow with all of you. 

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I totally agree with all of this! You never heard of food being recalled due to food poisoning, or serial killers. Kids could stay out all day and play, with no worries.

messymimi said...

It's amazing that any of us survived!