Monday, February 1, 2021

Blessings and Happiness

 

January came and now February is here. Although it is a very short month, it is jam packed with birthdays.

NEGATIVITY:

 I don't let all the negative news get to me. In fact, we turn off the T.V. It is a fact people who sit and watch endless hours of tragic news end up with worse problems than they thought they'd seen on the endless news coverage. I prefer faith and I prefer peace and quiet while I can get it. I have learned to stay away from social media. It is a magnet for hatred, gossip, bullying anf all the rest of the things we should all run away from.But so many thrive on it. I find it all so very sad. I would like to remove my personal photos but everytime I try to go there it is a real sadness. Joyce is one of the very few who tell it like it is and she posts the very best things. Some folks were grieving about the conditions in the world  and she posted this:


 If you read the bible you will see what is happening being played out in front of you today. My dad always told me I would undoubtedly live to see it. I know he was grateful he would not be here and I would never wish him back to this earth. I apologize whoever made this meme did not correct the spelling errors. I find these sites, even blogger, do not give you the option to correct your errors. If you can not see them yourself they won't help you out. I blog late in to the night so I apologize when I recheck my words to find errors.  I believe I was blessed in the education I was given. 

                     HAPPINESS:                                                 

[M]an is fond of reckoning up his troubles, but does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground, 1864, translated by Constance Garnett, 1918


It is pretty generally admitted that riches may be secured wrongfully, but happiness cannot. ~"Poor Richard Junior's Philosophy," The Saturday Evening Post, 1903, George Horace Lorimer, editor


The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance:
The wise grows it under his feet.
~James Oppenheim, "The Wise," War and Laughter, 1916


After stumbling around looking for contentment for years I suddenly learned that you cannot find it by hunting furiously for it. Happiness sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~John Barrymore, as quoted in The Reader's Digest, 1934


"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best—," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne


My friend Bea says eight full hours of sleep will keep you beautiful or handsome. I think she is right and I know that : Drinking lots of water will keep you well hydrated and taking your vitamins will keep even the cootie bugs away.  Sweet Dreams, Stay Well and Rest Your Eyes. Praying tomorrow will be another day in the life we live.  Make it HAPPY and Make it BLESSED.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so right! And the bible does say all these bad times will happen.

Mevely317 said...

I totally agree about those memes with atrocious content ("F" word) and misspellings. No matter how much I might agree, I don't like to share that stuff. To those who write them: PAY ATTENTION!

What I wouldn't give to sleep 8 hours uninterrupted. Then again, my sweet pups' joy in each new day makes it all worth it.

I'm loving that Pooh quote ... Mr. Milne nailed it!

Have a beautiful rest of your day!

messymimi said...

And no need to worry, the end of the book says He wins.