Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Peace Laughter Joy Love

 

Today was an excellent day. Lots of good things happened. I woke up and realized I had to prepare my spaghetti sauce. So off to the store I went.  I was buying some spicy chicken patties so the hubby could have something quick and easy for work. He gets lunch provided but they can not use the fridge or freezer except to store anything overnight. There was one package left and it was all the way to the back of the freezer case which is tall and deep. So I moved on at first. Ran into the sweetest petite lady on the next aisle and told her my dilemma. She said she had long arms so she'd help me. she almost had it but it was a couple inches away from her reach. Along comes a tall gal who worked there and she retrived it for us. I thanked them both and continued my shopping. I met a young mom with two little boys. The kids were super friendly showing me their snacks with Paw Patrol , the little cheese and fruit snacks.We kept meeting on each aisle and the store was busy with one check lane. I was behind a young man with a cart full of LeCroix sparkling beverages and about 60 bags of Dorito chips. He said he worked in an office with 100 people. They were having a Super Bowl Party. The lady with the two little ones came in behind me at the check out stand. She had like ten items and two gallons of milk. The boys were getting restless. I told her to get ahead of me. They all three said in unison THANK YOU! I Knew they wanted those snack packs. HaHaHa...

I came home, realized I did not have room in the big freezer for everything so I started prepping and baking. I put the sauce on to simmer and tossed in about 25 meatballs. I baked a dutch apple pie and baked four of my Honey's spice chicken patties. I put a lasagne in the oven and had a super late lunch with garlic bread and a salad. We ate the same for dinner.

I posted Princess Sassy Pants because today her words rang so true. Joy, Love, Peace and Laughter matter and they do not cost a thing. Kindness matters and it is also free. Use it to your hearts content. 


Get your rest and get your dreams. I hope they are happy and we see each other again tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

You know, I love your closing sentence so much! Precious sentiment. How I wish I might have been there in your kitchen, inhaling all the wonderful aromas. Then again, you might not have enough left to feed the phamily. LOL!

pilch92 said...

That was sweet of you to let the lady with the kids get in front of you. I could have helped you reach into the freezer- I am 5 ft 10 with very long arms. Almost every time I go to Walmart someone asks me to grab something on a top shelf for them and I am more than happy to help. XO

messymimi said...

It sounds like quite the shopping trip, i've had that sort of thing happen, too, where you end up making a new friend just from seeing the person so much at the store!