Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Ten Days Of Grateful

 1. Grateful I can pray. Knowing a longtime blogger, Mike Golch who lost his wife Celestine recently, made me very sad. There is nothing worse then loss. Please join me in praying for Mike and their loved ones. 

2. Grateful although I am disorganized, I know I can regain control of what I was once so good at and start all over again!

3. Grateful Nick is getting better each day and finally received some much needed medication to alleviate this annoying cough.

4. Grateful and silly, that I found my "Bones" shirt that matches my "Bones" Leggings. It may sound silly and unimportant but I was so happy I dug deep and found that special shirt. I will get photos wearing it and the leggings and post them soon.

5. Grateful to drink hot tea at bedtime (herbal of course) and share a few moments of quiet before drifting of to sleep with my sweet hubby.

6. Grateful to play rummy with him every single night. Ha! He is the master and I am not  but I Love playing and giving him a hard time for winning so much!

7. Grateful "Baby Evan" came through his neurological testing and scan completely healed. I have known his mom via social media for several years and never realized the depth of her faith. It made me smile to see how amazing God works in the lives of all of us, no matter what we may think. It is always to make sure we realize God is truly in control .

8. Grateful to have spent some time cooking and getting reacquainted with my kitchen! HaHa! I get lazy in the summer and never feel like cooking. The cold weather makes me want to cook and bake and spend more time in the kitchen. 

9. Grateful for my stash of really cute aprons, all with a story behind them. Some made by hand by dear friends and others found in thrift stores. Makes me wonder about the person who wore that apron before me. 

10. Grateful simply to be alive and getting through the daily grind, one day at a time. 



5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

You do have much to be grateful for! And one of the things is not having that quiet moment at bedtime but waking up in the morning and having coffee in bed with my husband and sometimes I wonder how I could stand it if I woke up and there was nobody in the bed. So that's on my greatfull list. I'm grateful for our new dog. I enjoyed reading what you are grateful for

Martha said...

So much to be grateful for, thanks for sharing with us!

Mevely317 said...

What a wonderful abundance of blessings! Often, little things are really big things. My mother used to sew beautifully and was always making 'cobbler' aprons. How she used to fuss at me to put one on before doing dishes, etc. Not sure whatever happened to her collection, but I did manage to save one. Because she was so petite it's a tight fit, but worth it for all the 'feels.' Prayers lifted for Mike ... and Nick's continued improvement, too.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love your list of things you are grateful for. Thanks for sharing.
Cute sleeping kitty at the bottom of your post. (Had to Google Lahko Noc to make sure I guessed right.)

messymimi said...

So many thankful things, and i appreciate the head's up about Ms. Celestine. Mr. Mike's blog no longer updates on my blog feed, so i did not know.