Wednesday, October 7, 2020

HODGE PODGE

1. What's one part of your everyday routine you'd be better off without?:

I spend too much time searching for things on line and I get to daydreaming. I do agree on Facebook though. It is extremely offensive over there as well as Twitter. I cut off Twitter quite some time ago. I only stuck it out with Facebook because I chat with friends everywhere. I am slowly moving them to my email which gives me a bit more privacy. There is none at FB.

2. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day So what did you/will you do?:

It was easy! Our son-in-law Jake turned 32 and we sent wishes across the miles and gifts via UPS. I try everyday to be nice if I have to go out. Today the cashier at the Dollar Tree was super nice. I always go the extra mile and give them a compliment everywhere I go. You can smile through your mask too. People can read your eyes and smile back. 

3. What question do you hate to answer? : 

I hate having to remind the doctor's office that my Medicare is secondary to our health insurance as the hubby still works full time ! They ask me every single time! I'm older not stupid!

4. Do we have control over technology or does it have control over us? In that same vein, have you watched The Social Dilemma ( it is available on NetFlex)  and if so, what did you think ?

A friend recommended it but we just have not had the time to check it out. I have never been a huge fan of technology. I think somewhere down the road somehow we will have our national power grid cut off. I pity those who live by their devices. I grew up at a time, when you had to think for yourself and use some grit and determination to get things done. I think iphones and other devices take you away from what is really important.  It is my own personal opinion. 

5. What are three small things that make your day better?

Seeing the hubby off to work. I Love to stand in the doorway and watch him drive away.  I love a good cup of coffee to stir in my collagen and I love seeing all the pups and my cat happy to see me.

6. Insert your own random thoughts here:

I request prayer for my grandson and his sweet little phamily as they travel to visit Hannah and Jake across the country. Pray for a safe flight. I know they will have a great time. They live in the country, so it is a different world. No internet or cable TV. Just peace and quiet and lots of wonderful phamily time. 

Please visit Hodge Podge and share your own thoughts there too. 




5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I hope the national power grid doesn't turn off (before I do), but I've no doubt you and your sweet phamily are Survivors. Yes, seeing the girls unbridled joy when we get home is both comical and heartwarming. Wish I'd thought to say that. I'm still hanging in there about Facebook, trying to ignore the uglies.

MadSnapper said...

I do love my devices in technology but I also agree with you that someday I think we may lose our power and that we will be stuck because we won't know what to do and none of the offices and businesses for work because they won't have the computer. Once I went in a deli to get to sub sandwiches and she said I could not use my debit card for cause the power had gone off and they were having to use cash only. I didn't have any cash and that was scary and a forerunner of what could happen to us.

Rita said...

Fun to read your answers.
I think people should take the time to be nice, too--and smile behind the masks. You can tell. :)

messymimi said...

You have excellent answers here, and i pray your children have a great time visiting each other.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Little Alex really does look like your dad's phamily! I agree with you about the way things are on blogs and social media these days. Like we need that on top of everything we are already going through this year. I'm glad you are just hitting delete and keep on blogging. Sorry I wasn't able to post Throwback Thursday last week but sure appreciate that you were planning to link up. Thanks for the mention and prayer request for us too. Things are looking a bit better now. Have a great week :)

This comment was left by Martha @ Seaside Simplicity but blogger now will not allow me to release my comments here. Rather I could spam it or delete! Things are getting so incredibly weird. I appreciate everyone who leaves a comment and I am not sure how to fix this. I suppose I will restart my laptop and try again.