Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Day Two Ten Days of Grateful

 1. Grateful that we made meatloaf and it turned out good. Grateful to have had some extras to cook with today

2. Grateful the weather was warmer today and I was able to work in my garage for an hour or two.

3. Grateful one basket of laundry is left to do I enjoy laundry so I am never unhappy that I do it. It gives me lots of quiet time and . I have enjoyed it my whole married life.

4. Grateful I had a gift card to purchase some of my groceries today. Also grateful I earned another one for anther trip to buy groceries.

5. Grateful for grocery pick up that is cost free. Everything seems to be so much pricier then before all this mess started. But I appreciate the people that load those groceries into my car. I am always appreciative of them. I don't think everyone shares that sentiment and assume that's their job so do it and get out of my way. I prefer kindness with gratefulness and thankfulness.

6. Grateful we lives another day and enjoyed some hands of rummy. I won once, the hubby won twice but we finished two games by clearing the pile and I love that. It is fun to see who gets the next high card.

7. Grateful for all those who pray for us and send Nick get well wishes. It has been three tough weeks and he is finally better. 

8. Grateful for a doctor that doesn't fall into the "Oh woe is me, we will all die from the virus!" She says she has talked with many patients who have this same horrible cough. She is seeing symptoms go away with proper medical treatment because most of these awful coughs are from the fires. We are still surrounded by four raging fires. The air quality is horrible.



9. Grateful for all the firefighters and other first responders who give up their own security to protect the rest of us. I appreciate them so very much.



10. Grateful the hubby and I can still laugh and enjoy time together.





11. A bonus grateful today! Please pray for Carl the hubby of Barb, They arrived safely at the VA facility where tomorrow they will see a surgeon who perhaps will give them better news. He has a cancerous tumor which other surgeons say is inoperable. Please pray. If you woke up today and are able to get around be grateful! I know I am .



12. Grateful to Pray for firefighters and those who are in the midst of these terrible fires.



** firefighter photos courtesy of Cheris Jensen. My friend Sheri P shared these at social media. 

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

First and most importantly ... PRAYING on behalf of Carl and Barb. Tom had similar news from his doc -- Stage 3, non-operable lung cancer. That was 7 years ago; so far, so good!
Gosh, I've not made a meatloaf since we moved here 3 years ago! Tom always used to ask for it about this time of year he likes that I don't use tomato sauce; instead, chunks of that Vermont cheddar cheese. Suppose he's forgotten? LOL!
Good to hear Nick's feeling better. Y'all be careful out there!

MadSnapper said...

Yet again you have a wonderful list of things to be grateful for and there's quite a few of them that I am grateful for the same as you are. Prayers for hubby prayers for the cough prayers for your good friends and the tumor and I see there is hope because I read Myra comment about having seven more years after the end stage. Praying for you also

Martha said...

So much to be grateful for. Prayers for your hubby and friends!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have so much to be thankful for. And you have the right attitude to concentrate on only the good things, what else can we do? We can act on the bad, but not brood over it, as that only makes us feel worse. Oh, those poor firefighters! I so wish the federal government would have given them the help they so badly needed.

messymimi said...

Praying now.