Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Day 6 Ten Days of Gratefulness


 This is Layla. I am going to tell you her story in my grateful post here:



1. Grateful that our daughter Noelle and her hubby Roger adopted Layla. She was a pure bred boxer. She was  so silly and funny and everyone loved her.



2. Grateful that when someone doesn't love a pup anymore, there is someone out there who will love them and cherish them. Because dogs and cats too, deserve the best of love and care!


3. Grateful for dogs with sweet personalities. I think boxer's look sad but it is their facial features not their personality Layla was so loved by Noelle and Roger and Colton. She came to them in 2009. She left them sadly June 14, 2018, a short illness that took her away so suddenly.


4. Grateful that Trek, who was very anti-social to other dogs, A D O R E D Layla! He was her protector. I must say, it was quite sad that he left us too soon also. I am always going to believe, he died from a broken heart. He adored this girl and he left us August 14, 2019, 14 months after the loss of Layla and ten days after our loss of Alastor Avery. You think 2020 is tough, we nearly lost our sanity in 2019. It was not a good year for this clan of caring phamily individuals. So 2020, you do not scare me. I have lived through hell on earth!


5. Grateful that these two were so smart! Once and a while, they would escape their yard, two houses away from us! They were smart. They sat on our front porch until I hurried the other dogs out into the backyard so they could come in. They sat like good little soldiers on the sofa until their mom or dad or Colton came for them. 



6. Grateful for good dogs and good people too. Grateful someone can love where someone else failed.


7. 

Grateful Scriptures speak of animals too. It is our duty to care for them.  The woman who relinquished Layla said she could not keep here at her new rental. But she turned around and purchased a pure white boxer she named Princess and dumped Layla and her things like a bad habit. It was very upsetting to myself & Noelle because a boxer is a boxer. The new dog would grow up too. Very strange and extremely sad. Roger was not a fan of getting a second dog. But Noelle persisted and he relented. Thank goodness as Layla adored Roger and climbed into bed with him as if to say, dude, I love you and I am sharing this bed with you. She did! 



8. Grateful for all the goodness in life. The kind folks, the pups and kittens and all the dogs and cats in between from tiny to giant size, that they move into our hearts and we allow it only to have our heart ripped from our chest when one of them is called to the Rainbow Bridge.


9. Grateful everyday for the stories I hear from friends regarding their dogs and cats. I even know a few horse stories too. Goats, yep, sheep, uh-huh! As human beings, we sure love our fur babies no matter their size, shape or color. W O W ! The world would be wonderful if people had the common sense that dogs and cats have! All animals in general, actually.


10. Grateful for the love of animals. I use to think people were strange saying, the more I know people, the more I love my dog. You know these funny sayings don't you? People would rather be with their cat or dog then people! Ha Ha Ha! I talk to the pups and cats all the time. Hey, I am here with them all day while the others are hard at work (or hardly working hahaha). Grateful my phamily all have jobs. They really do work hard. In fact Noelle and our son-in-law Zach work for the same company. They will always work from home, their productivity went through the roof since people started working from home. Take that 2020!!!!

I am hopeful you visit Aw...Mondays. To be honest I had completely completed this post yesterday and lost it before it was posted. So I recreated it from as much of my memory as I could for today. 


Love is....what a wonderful little pick-me-up each day. Grateful for this too.


Ta Da ...the strawberry sour cream pie. Noelle told us Caroline, or Gram "C" as Harrison calls her, made this pie. She said her sister sent her the recipe and she made it and it looked wonderful. We had strawberries, pie crust and sour cream so voila! It was lovely and seriously not as sweet as some desserts can be.  This was Caroline's grandmother's recipe and all I can is, thank you for sharing your phamily recipe with us Caroline.

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Being an animal lover, you know I LOVE this post. (Except the part of Layla and Trek's premature passings, of course.) I'll never understand -- or want to -- the kind of person who would just dispose of their pet like old clothes. Thank goodness for Noelle and Roger. Like our dear friend Sandra and her rescue 'Big', at least Layla got to experience what Real Love felt like.

Martha said...

What a sweet grateful memorial post for Layla and Trek. They look like really sweet babies!

messymimi said...

Awww, i am grateful they gave the dog a chance and a good home, too. If i didn’t work so much, i wouldn’t mind having a dog.

MadSnapper said...

I am grateful that I came here today and read your story of grateful because all the gratefulness I feel right now is for our beautiful Beau. Our hearts were broken in 2018 when I 14 year old boxer mix died and then we found big boy and two short years later big boy was gone so I know the feeling you're talkin about. But God sent us another dog to help heal the heart. And I have always Agreed 100% with I love my dogs better than people. I am grateful that there are people who rescue other dogs that people don't want.

MadSnapper said...

I forgot to say what was in my heart as I read this so sorry for your loss. And for your broken hearts