Wednesday, September 20, 2023

LEO

 Wordless Wednesday

I have so many words today. My heart is breaking and I hope you will bear with me. Yesterday at approximately  10:28 A. M. this beautiful gentle giant went home to the Rainbow Bridge. It is hard to rest, to think, even the tears are hard to find.  But I can only find goodness in  the life of this virtuous boy who I loved to call LiLo. 

We had a rocky start. He was big, he was stubborn and I am strong willed. It was like fire and gasoline. But I loved him, I truly did. We just butted heads so many times. One  day  in 2016, I came around the corner and he was lying on our bed, always Avery's side, I said to him, what do you think your doing? He gave me that look, what does  it look like, I'm resting on this huge comfy bed! Leo loved his comfort. 

My favorite story of Leo is one morning, after we bought our new adjustable bed, Avery had left for work and I decided to get more sleep. I woke up to a feeling that someone was watching me.  When I opened my eyes, I was staring directly into those big amber colored Leo eyes!  We were literally nose to nose and he gave me that grin, ha, this bed is more comfortable then the old one! 

A gentle giant, a prince among the vast breeds of canines. He was a genteel boy, never allowing puppies to get underneath his feet. I was under those feets a time or two and he was big and strong but he had a kindness you do not often see in the world as much. 


As much as I would rather have him here, I would not want to see him suffer. I am grateful to the Almighty that his suffering was not long and he drifted off to dreams of chasing rabbits I am sure. Of running free with all his friends, Smokey, Bandit, Rose, Tinkerbell, Boots, Spats, Trek, Layla,  He will forever be missed by his precious brother Franklin when he comes to visit and search's the house and yard for Leo!.



Those long legs, huge paws and that precious, sweet and innocent face. He gave more love than most can accumulate in a lifetime. My heart hurts for our sweet boy Finn. He was at Leo's  side constantly. He loved to clean his ears. He ran the yard with him, he chased those rabbits, cause he learned from the master.  His passing was the most peaceful I have ever seen. He knew how loved he was. He knew each one of our faces, He was a people person so why would we leave him in his most trying hour.?


Monday night, Finn was up here on the love seat and he waited and watched that front door. Seeing his best buddy carried out by Zach and Nick and unable to to know what happened and where he was going made this boy so sad. 

The vet who came to our home was a good and very kind soul. He gave us all the space we needed to say our goodbyes. Even the pups were able to come up and love on this boy Leo .Heartbreaking as it was, we knew Leo needed this send off. I think he will stop at the Rainbow Bridge, see his perfect healthy body able to run and play and he will stop and remember all of us.

Goodbye my Lilo. I am going to be so sad without you. 

  And I heard every created thing which is in heaven, or under  the earth , or on the sea,  and all the things in them, saying,  "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be the  blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion, forever and ever. " Revelation 5:13


11 comments:

Sandee said...

Big healing hugs, my friend. It's hard to let them go. They are part of the family.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Great-Granny Grandma said...

My heart hurts for you.😢
Sending hugs and prayers for comfort and healing of your aching heart.❤️🙏❤️

Mevely317 said...

Oh, no! I'm so very sorry to hear this, Anne.
Your tribute is wonderfully heartfelt; I love how the vet allowed you all time together, even his canine siblings. What a caring person!

Lynn and Precious said...

It is no doubt your heart is broken over losing this wonderful family member. You will have memories of him for the rest of your life.

Terra said...

What a sweet and loving boy and family member. I like the photo of his big paws and of his faithful friend waiting for him. I think the dogs we loved will be waiting to greet us in heaven, because God is so good.

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. XO

Mari said...

Awww, I'm so sorry. What a beautiful boy he was. I'm glad he has no more pain and that he was so well loved through his life.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh no, I'm so, so sorry. It's most difficult to lose a love like that. Love and hugs from all of us.

Veronica Lee said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful boy.

Sending you lots of healing hugs.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Losing a beloved pet is always heart-wrenching, Anne. I will be praying for you and your family.

R's Rue said...

Hugs.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com