Monday, October 2, 2023

Aw....Mondays and More

 

Aw...Mondays.....\



Friday Rebekah and Zach took me to Guanella Pass with them. We had a wonderful time and the Aspen's were perfectly golden. We stopped in Idaho Springs to have lunch at Beau Jo's pizza and while waiting for our table did some Miner Street shopping. I always had a bag of those polished colorful stones when I was a kid so I treated myself to one there too. 


The pizza was delicious and we ordered the Motherload. You tear off the crust after you finish your pizza so you can pour some honey over it. That way you avoid ordering dessert too.  It was a gorgeous day. We will go back up once Hannah and Jake get here this weekend.  We are in full Baby Shower mode so getting all the goodies ready. 



I can not begin to describe the golden glow these aspen trees put off. I brought home lots of falling leaves so my sweetheart, who could not go this time, will make me a few bookmarkers.

God's Graciousness 

We really had  an awwww......moment. A phamily of deer crossed the road up the pass in front of us. The mother deer looked at Zach as if to say thank you for slowing down. It was breathtaking. 



Lori Lynn Simms posted  with this message  I saw at Pinterest.


Prayers asked for Beckham and his daddy Jeremiah. Thank you. 

My Sparks today:

The book of nature which we have to read is written by the finger of God.  Michael Faraday, scientist

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Aspens are gorgeous, and the food looks delicious. What a good idea about avoiding buying dessert!

messymimi said...

It looks like a delight of a day. I'll have to remember that trick if I ever get anything besides a very thin crust pizza.

Mari said...

What a lovely time! The golden leaves are so pretty! We always checked out the polished stones too. There is something calming about holding thoses smooth stones. It's always fun to see deer families.
Happy October!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

The aspens are gorgeous, Anne. Such a wonderful thing to see.
Blessings!

Sandee said...

What a wonderful outing you had. The lunch looked amazing. Baby shower mode. That's always fun.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day and week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Oh my word ... those aspen make me so very homesick for my New Mexico home.
That pizza! I usually order a thin-crust, but this? I'd be tempted to skip the toppings and go right for the honey. Love how y'all always find fun spots to nourish your tummies!