Saturday, October 28, 2023

Tuesday4 Happy Tuesday Maxine Cracks Me Up

Tuesday4 


October

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  So glad you are with us and I hope you will enjoy this week's questions.   Let us know if you have any ideas for themes.

Here on the sea coast the weather is very chilly.  We are in the low 50s by night and the low 60's by day. Leaves are turning and will be falling soon.

1.  What does this picture make you think about? 
I think about finding calm and peace here with the small pond and all the beautiful trees putting on their autumn finest. Indeed quiet in my life. I have never been around drama and chaos and the world is just getting so hard. I would love to escape here.

2. If you could spend a week in that cottage would you do it and who would you bring along with you?
It may sound selfish but I would only take my sweet husband along with me. He works so hard and would love to be here at home. So enjoying quiet and resting in the fresh air would would do wonders for both of us. The world is just too busy and most people are unhappy unless then are running here, there and everywhere. I have lived a long time and I will take peace, quiet and a country walk down an empty road anytime. 

3.  What kind of meal do you think represents October best? How about cookie or cake or dessert? We makes lots of soups and stews and chili as the weather turns colder.  Our son-in-law Zach is our house baker so today he made a batch of toffee chip and cream cheese chip (yes there is such a chip) cookies. They are delightful. My sister-in-law Lucy gave us three mini loaves of her famous banana bread. So we are most happy having tea and cookies or banana bread for a snack.
4.  Thinking of October, what song would go well with the month? What song would go well with this picture? I love the hymn Blessed Assurance by Frannie Crosby so that song would suit this photo best for me. The hymn would do well to be my theme song during the month of October too.


This Happy Tuesday is perfect since I was very happy to complete my Tuesday4 post. Everything in that post made me happy. We have had some busy months behind us and more ahead of us but enjoying a quiet day, drinking London Fog Tea and waiting for the sun to shine was a nice calm day. I am happy heading off to bed. I am hoping for sweet dreams and praying for all of you.


Maxine is apparently not a fan of hayrides. I use to love them. Romance in the air on a cold and crisp October night and if you were lucky enough, you would see a Harvest moon.


 

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Automobiles

 Hey there... welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

We rely on cars to get just about everywhere today, so maybe we should talk about them a bit. Okay?

1. What is the earliest car you remember your family owning? My father was an Oldsmobile man. We always had one and my mom loved green so dad made sure he ordered green for her. I wish I had one of their cars today. What sweet memories I have. Do you recall the color or the plate number? No,  I wish I had those plates too.
2. What does your states license plate look like? Do you like it? We have 30 different designs. Originally we had the green and white plates to resemble the mountain ranges. We still have the traditional ones but our oldest girl has the Breast Cancer Awareness plates and our son has the Denver Nuggets and our daughter-in-law Brittany has a black car with the new black plates with white letters.
3. What color is your car now? Silver and it is boring. I love the red and black cars and even the green. My dad had a '69 Chevy truck. It is was bronze in color and he kept it immaculate. I wish I had his truck. Good memories and mom taught me to drive in it at the cemetery.
4. Did you have a car as a teenager?   If yes, what kind was it?
Yes I had my brother Ed's old two door Chevy Impala. It was cherry red with a white hard top. It had a 380 engine and that was a super cool car. 

We have new lap tops so I have been missing for awhile. Good to see you all and  forgive my lateness. I will be around to visit too. Thank you all for being here. 

3 comments:

Mari said...

Glad to see you back again! I would like to stay in that peaceful little cottage. It's fun seeing that old car too. I really don't remember old family cars except that we could sit in the front with Dad and Mom on the bench seat.

Mevely317 said...

It took me many years to realize, but like you, I'd take "peace, quiet and a country road" any time!
My dad was always a Ford man; his dream was to own a black Lincoln but that never happened. In his later years they settled for used Cadillacs -- which usually wound up costing big bucks in repairs. I remember those green and white Colorado plates!

It's really good to 'see' you back again!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love that beautiful cottage, Anne. Yes, if I could go there, I'd take Danny, turn off electronics and simply enjoy every moment of God's presence.
The goodies you described here sound wonderful, too. Fall is a great time to bake and enjoy the rewards.
Blessings!