Tuesday, October 3, 2023

 


Sunday, October 1, 2023

Televison

 It's time for  Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and I am glad you have come to participate.

Tuesday4

A Family Affair

Television has become a large part of people's live so it might be nice to discuss it and it's impact on our lives.

1.  Do you have a TV in your home or perhaps more than one?  We do have more than one TV. We watch lots of things together, all five of us, like Sports.

2.  Which programs do you like to watch?

We watch Sports and we have favorite shows. Always fans of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. We shall see if any newer programming returns since the strikes.We never get our hopes up. Direct TV was feuding with some local channels, of course, the ones we love. So I do not expect or depend on anything anymore.

3.  Could you do without your TV or is it on most of the time when you are home? Yes, I love music so listening to it helps my mood. My husband has a pet name for me. He studied some French in high school so he calls me Mon Annie, which is simply, My Annie. It melts my heart.  I started to listen to music in French and I enjoy it immensely. I read a lot of books too so I keep busy when I don't feel like listening to the TV and all the annoying Big pharma ads.................

4.  Is there a TV character that stands out in your mind for any reason at all? Maybe there is more than one or maybe there is a cast of a show you found memorable? Years ago, Life Goes On.....that was such a remarkable show and the cast was perfect for the characters. I am a fierce defender of the disabled or special ed kids. My friend has two girls, ages 8 and 10 that are Down Syndrome. They are such cool kids for having the extra chromosome.  Smart and one is super sassy  . She could be a very dramatic diva. When my husband was new at the firm he works for there was an attorney with Cerebral Palsy. He wrote the law regarding businesses having the doors for the handicapped. It is sad many businesses still do not comply. I always fondly think of Joni Eareckson Tada who use to always say on her radio show.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar is physically challenged. I am crippled. I have a handicap and one day when I get to heaven I am going to dance with Jesus! We know Jesus could care less about all the PC in the world. 

Thank you Annie for all you do keeping this going. I am so grateful I could be here today. 

Happy Tuesday

I have had a rough couple of weeks. The devil has been hanging around and he is not leaving. He is putting a burr in my saddle so to speak.  If I stop talking about God, praying to Him and  sharing Him, I am going to be harassed by the devil and his demons. I am most happy when I read my bible, pray for others and study the Word. I am happy because at those times Satan has no where to go in my life

Oh Maxine You are stealing my thoughts today!

My husband has asthma and the trees and the wind and often the weather really give him a hard time. I bought him a canister of Hot Apple Cider Tea by Republic of Tea. It is the best tea and has the most delightful taste. I am going to buy more of it because today I drank two cups with some honey.  I am going to make him a cup as he is watching some Monday Night Football. I am so happy today. It has been a good day.






8 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I'm a news junkie, Anne, so my favorite shows are Fox & Friends in the mornings, The Five and Jesse Watters Primetime. Always entertaining and news-worthy.
May your week be a great one!

Sandee said...

We have one television, but no cable. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime. If we don't like what a show is pushing we move on.

Love Maxine. She's a hoot.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Well, poo and other HBO words! Blogger ate my comment again; that's the third time this morning. (Maybe it will have landed in your e-mail, I hope.)

I'm so sorry Avery's feeling under the weather. Honey's a great idea. In fact, one of my go-to's is marinating garlic cloves in a jar.

Life Goes On used to be 'appointment TV' in my home. So sad when it went off the air.

Mari said...

We have a tv, but no sports on it. :) My hubby loves history type shows, I watch a lot of home renovation and cooking shows.
I love what you wrote on #4.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I only have one TV and no cable, so I rarely watch.
If I can get reception, I enjoy watching ice skating and gymnastics.
The devil has been putting a burr in my saddle as well lately, so I can empathize.
The tea sounds really good. Will have to give it a try.

Joyful said...

I'm glad you had a good day. It's always wonderful when we have a good day isn't it? A gift from the Lord. I too watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune and those kind of shows but only when my niece visits. She loves loud sounds and flashing lights like on Jeopardy.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. I like Life Goes On too. XO

messymimi said...

No TV here, just a monitor and speakers and a DVD player so my Sweetie can watch is movies and concerts. We just don't have time or money for TV.

Keep reading, keep praying, and remember if the Enemy is behaving that way toward you it's because he knows he can't have you, you are a child of the King and it makes him mad.