Saturday, September 9, 2023

Saturday: September 9, 2023

 Lots of prayer requests here. Today was the Scottish Festival at Estes Park but we did not get to attend it. Our son-in-law Zach is helping his mom move back to Michigan. They left yesterday and should be at her house shortly. Pray for safe travels when Zach comes home later this week. Also please pray for the Stubbs phamily as they really need an extra dose of prayer this week. Thank you. 

Rebekah is sad without Zach here. The weather was perfect for the festival but it was not meant for us to be there this year.

LuLu's Farm Chili Fest 2023

We had delicious brisket sandwiches and we were hungry so we devoured those. Rebekah had jalapeno mac n cheese with her's.
They had a really good band, Narrow Gauge and they were older guys and sang some great music.  Rebekah bought the funnel cake and we shared it.  You never outgrow those! We also had a giant lemonade which was fresh and delicious too.



Here they are cleaning the chilies. If you have sinus problems, you won't once you take a few breaths of these medium Hatch's chilies! We have to go to Pueblo if we want Pueblo Chilies. I may just buy some frozen Anaheim's so I can make a few dishes, Chili Relleno's The good news is, the chilies are usually available frozen year round and chilies are the one food you can thaw and refreeze. I thought that was an interesting fact from a lady selling them at the Farmer's Market last month.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Thank you for being here too. 



6 comments:

messymimi said...

You're right, you never outgrow funnel cakes.

I'll be praying for safety for everyone.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hatch Chilis are a favorite around here. They come in once a year and Wegman's roasts them.

Mari said...

I live in Michigan. I wonder if she is moving anywhere near me.
Sounds like a fun time at the chili fest.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Believe it or not, I've never had a funnel cake, but I bet they're delicious. No chilies for me - too hot!
Blessings, Anne!

Mevely317 said...

I used to love festivals such as these!
Rebekah and Avery are sure brave. I'll never forget my poor mother's first experience peeling the chiles -- no one cautioned her to wear gloves. These days we order our chile from Hatch on dry ice -- already peeled and de-seeded.

Catch My Words said...

I have a prayer request. My daughter's friend was walking her dogs in the middle of the afternoon and came upon a feuding couple. The man tried to shoot his wife but hit her. She was an innocent bystander. She is in the hospital and needs prayers. The news will not release her name until the man is caught, but we know who she is. Gun violence is a problem in this country. 😢