Friday, September 15, 2023

Wild and Wacky Thursday and More

 Yesterday was a wild and wacky day! We had flooding. What started out as a simple rainstorm turned into a torrential rain with water down into 2 of our basement windows, one in the bathroom close to the vanity and one in the laundry room. 

We spent a great deal of time holding buckets under the windows and catching what we could and using nearly every single towel in the house to clean up the mess. Now my phamily should be fully aware of why I have extra towels!

I had taken a day of rest since we had our two grandsons last night and they are busy boys! They were very good and even found a dry section of cement on the front porch to draw with the outdoor chalk. 

I am not sure if this rain is over but we hear warmer temps for the weekend.

Thankful Thusday


Thankful four of us were home and could take care of the flooding. 

Thankful knowing God said He would not destroy the earth with water again.

So whoever is making Him so angry, I pray they would knock it off! 

Ellen and her co host Lorianne select these questions that we fill in our answers to. Thank you ladies for your selections.

1. _______________is something I accomplished this year.

2. _______________is something I have yet to accomplish.

3. I would ___________if I found _____________________..\

4 Recently, _________________piqued my interest.

My answers:

1. Starting a great purge of things we no longer need is something I accomplished this year.

2. Continuing the purge is something I have yet to accomplish. 

3. I would jump for joy is I found a sack of money! (Our grandson Brody found a five dollar bill against our fence, inside the yard during the last rain we had and we told him it was his to keep.)\

4. Recently, studying other religions piqued my interest.

Feline Friday

Did you know a female cat can be referred to as a Queen or a Molly?


Aw...holding hands or rather paws! So cuddly and cute!

Pink Saturday


The pink house rue Cremieux Paris, France.

9 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

What terrible weather! I know the term Queen, but have never heard of Molly.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I just googled Molly which doesn't for one minute mean I didn't believe you, but wanted to find out more. It said that once they are spayed they become a Molly. You never stop learning!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my, the flooding basement! What a mess that must have been! Glad you were home to try to catch as much water as you could to keep it from getting worse! Wow. So thankful for you that it wasn't worse. Such a sweet picture of the kitties! I never heard those terms before for cats, but I am not really much of a "cat person", so I don't follow all the info. I sometimes call all cats she when my sister pointed out to me they were he cats. A cat is a cat to me...of course, unless they start having kittens. LOL. Take care my friend and be blessed.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, that basement flooding is horrible and yes, extra towels are a must sometimes. Love that cute kitty couple. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Mari said...

I'm sorry about the flooding. Such a mess!
I never knew about the names for female cats. They do think they are queens sometimes.
I like the pink house!

pilch92 said...

Sorry you had flooding. Glad you are safe though. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I am glad your purging of things is going well. XO

Lynn and Precious said...

My Angel Peepers was called a Queen as she was a retired show cat who had had 2 litters of kittens and then was spayed. Then she was put up for sale and I was thankful to buy her and have for 6 1/2 short years.
What a mess you had with the flooding. Dry as a bone here in Ohio.

Mevely317 said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry y'all had to deal with that flooding. At least, thank goodness you had help.
These are great fill-in's/posers; I like your responses, and now it gives me something to think about myself. Instead of worrying aimlessly (lol).

I didn't know that about cat names. Molly has always been one of my favorite names.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

What a mess with all that flooding, Anne! I'm glad you all survived the deluge. No fun at all!
Loved the kitty picture, though.
Blessings!