Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 Thankful Thursday

I am always thankful when Thursday rolls around. It gives me one more day before I get to spend the whole weekend with my sweetheart.

I am thankful that Nick's friend Andre DeGrasses won a gold medal at the Olympics. We were very happy to see him win his race.

I am thankful the heat cooled down a bit and we have had some light rain in the late evening. 

Thankful to see the grass turning such a beautiful shade of emerald green.



Someone posted this beautiful poem and photo at social media:  

 

Just thought this was so beautiful! 😊
I want to age like sea glass.
Smoothed by tides,
but not broken.
I want my hard edges to soften.
I want to ride the waves
and go with the flow.
I want to catch a wave
and let it carry me
to where I belong.
I want to be picked up
and held gently by
those who delight in my
well earned patina and
appreciate the changes I went
through to achieve that beauty.
I want to enjoy the journey
and always remember that if
you give the ocean something
breakable it will turn it into
something beautiful.
I want to age like sea glass.
~Bernadette Noll



8 comments:

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations to your friend on the gold medal win. I hope you have a lovely day my friend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I loved this poem! I'm now following your blog, new friend. :)
Blessings!

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing with us. Have a great day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you for re-posting this. Both poem and image are beautiful!!

messymimi said...

Aging like sea glass would most assuredly be something for which to be thankful. Congratulations to your friend on winning the medal!

pilch92 said...

That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. XO

Sandee said...

Love the poem. Beautiful.

I hope you had a fabulous Thankful Thursday, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Terra said...

The sea glass in your photo and the poem is beautiful.