Monday, August 16, 2021

Aw...Mondays and More

 

Aw....Mondays I found this photo on a page at social media where I scan items about my hometown. My big sister Pat had one of these, they called them a gossip bench. They were designed to sit and "gossip" on the phone I suppose. To me, it is a very nostaglic piece of furniture and I have had my big sister on my mind. She would celebrate a wedding anniversary this month. But 20 years ago she went to her heavenly home.  She left in February, our mom in Novemver 2001. But I have memories, lots of precious memories and when I saw this silly ole bench I thought of my big sister. She was a rarity in this world. Just pure of heart, kind and very funny with the best laugh in the whole world. I often think of her and how I would love to pick up my phone and dial her number. We always had the best conversations. 


You just can't start Monday without Love is....


" You can;t live your life for other people.  You've got to do what's right for you,

    even  if  it hurts some people you love." Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

6 comments:

Sandee said...

What a beautiful place to talk on the phone. Now we can roam all over the place with our cell phones and our cordless phones.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs. ♥

pilch92 said...

I am sorry you lost your sister so young. My Great aunt Vicky had one of those benches so I think of her whenever I see one. XO

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry, what an awful loss! Years ago, I wanted one of these phone benches. I guess cell phones have made them obsolete now. But they would be useful for many other things as well! You wouldn't have to put an actual phone there. It needs a plant!

messymimi said...

That is a neat piece of furniture, i'd never seen one before.

It's so hard to lose those we love, especially when they are so young.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

That piece of furniture is a new one on me, Anne. I love it!
So sorry you lost your sister at such a young age. We never stop loving the ones we lose, do we?
Blessings!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I had never heard of a gossip bench before. Interesting piece of furniture.