Monday, May 1, 2023

Tuesday 4 Happy Tuesday Maxine Cracks Me Up

 

Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Party


 Another week has flown by and we are already staring a new week in the face.  Time for  Toni's Tuesday 4.      

 Everyone loves a party.  Imagine you are arranging a party or an affair for a friend.    Perhaps a home wedding or a milestone birthday.   Share with us your best ideas please.  Money is not a concern.....

1.  a. What is the occasion? 

A tea party! I would hold it outdoors and set up small tables so different people could sit with others they do not know as well .   

    b  Will there be a theme to the party? Yes, I love or at least I use to love the Kentucky Derby. Hats must be worn. I have many so I could let those who don't have a hat borrow one.

2.   Will there be music in the background or perhaps a hired band or DJ?  What music will play? Music is lovely so softer music fitting for an elegant tea party. There is a band called The Tea Party. hmmm....have to check it out. Music is definitely different but not loud rock or anything 

3. Describe how you will decorate the house for the party/wedding. Lots of tea cups and saucers and trays of mini sandwiches, fruit, cookies, cakes , scones  and tea breads. I have lots of Pinterest recipes, ideas, favors, so I would go the extra mile to have my guests enjoy themselves. 



4. What kind of foods will you serve and will it be finger foods or a sit down meal? Catered or home style?  What kind of cake? All the food would be tea related. Finger foods, sandwiches, scones, tea cakes, lemon curd, clotted cream. various teas. 



 

Vanilla cake is always a good choice. These are just the sweetest looking tea cookies that are tiered.  I will invite you all to my tea party. There will be lots of pastel colors and quiet moments to share favorite tea stories too.

"There is something in the nature of tea that leads us 

9 comments:

Mari said...

Your tea party sounds lovely. I have a friend that used to do tea parties, usually for moms and daughters. Everything was done up fancy and it was fun!

Sandee said...

How fun. I'm not a tea drinker, but would love all the goodies. The best part is that I could meet you.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Big hugs, my friend. ♥

Mevely317 said...

You had me at hats! Now I'm thinking to put lemon curd on my shopping list ... it's been ages since I enjoyed that.

Crafteverly said...

A tea party sounds so fun! I've only ever been to one, and it was probably 30 years ago. If I was invited, I would definitely participate. You could put hats on your Barbies, too! I still have a small collection of Barbies from my childhood.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I would love to attend your tea party, Anne. It sounds charming!

pilch92 said...

That sounds like a fun party. I would have a Halloween party. XO

carol l mckenna said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful time ~ such delish goodies ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

messymimi said...

That sounds like a wonderful party, i'd love to come!

Kirstin said...

Your tea party sounds like a great time. I love the idea of small cakes, etc that are usually paired with tea parties.