Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Happy Tuesday Tuesday4 Maxine Cracks Me Up

 Happy Tuesday 


A Mother's Day Tribute. Avery and his mom when we were young and life was easy.


My beautiful sister Pat. 22 Mother's Day's without you. I remember one year, Pat, my sister Mary and myself sent each other the exact same Mother's Day card! My sister was my phone buddy. Oh how I miss her. She was a beauty and the apple of my daddy's eye.




Noelle and I, Mother's Day 1979. I am not sure about that kooky hair I had, but my middle sister Mary, was a beautician so I let her experiment on me.  Life was more carefree....


My all time favorite photo of my mom and me. A family Mother's Day 2021 and Rebekah and I Mother's Day 2020.


Grateful to be here: Tuesday4 even though I am late. Grateful to continue with this meme in honor of Toni!

What Do You Think?

  

writing happy things

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  It's so nice to have you here.

Let's talk about you this week.  Let others know your feelings and convictions. Give some advice and some wisdom.  And remember to visit the other contributors to get to know them and find out their opinions too!

1.  What do you believe the purpose of life is?

I feel the purpose of life is to honor God, live a life like Jesus did although , as a human, it is often difficult. I feel God speaks to us individually and I try to follow His lead and lvie according to His plan and not mine.  

2.  How do you handle stress ? What do you recommend to others who are stressed out?

My dad was more stressed out than my mom. I took after him. But when things get out of hand, I try to remind myself to be calm and P R A Y. There is nothing we can not handle as long as we have God in the center of our lives. But it is easier said than to live it out in this wacky world today.  Take some deep breathes, drink your favorite beverage, lie down and rest, sit in silence and most importantly P R A Y!

3. What enjoyable things do you wish you could do more often? How would  it improve your life? 

I am very silly. I still play with my Barbie dolls. Sometime when this world gets too annoying, I live through those dolls, I dress them up and dream of dreamy things I probably will never get to do. I try to concentrate on what would Jesus do? How does God want me to handle this? I love spending time with phamily and always remember my mother's words to me, she said, God blessed you with a wonderful husband and beautiful, healthy children. You don't need anything else. As I grow older I realize she was so right.  I need to declutter, get rid of too many things that I really don't need. But it is a process and often sits on the back burner. 

4. Do you believe in God?   Why or why not? 

Yes I do. I can not understand people who follow the current trends, people in high places, people who feel they are more important than the common man/woman.  God has laid out a plan for each one of us and we need to hop on board and follow Him. This earth is not going to be here forever. People will not live here forever. If you want eternal life, trust God, believe in Jesus and read the bible. It is the most valuable book ever written.


Oh Maxine......


Wordless Wednesday



12 comments:

Sandee said...

Great shot of your husband and his mom. So precious.

Big healing hugs for the loss of your sister. My sister and I talk to each other every single day.

I love Maxine and that puppy is most adorable.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Mother's Day is bittersweet for me now since my mother is gone. And I don't know how anyone can live one day on this earth without believing in God. That does not compute! I know I need His saving grace each and every day, Anne.
Blessings, and have a Happy Mother's Day!

XmasDolly said...

Hello, luvin' you pics! oooo that's right Mother's Day is coming up isn't it!!! hmmm haven't heard from my kids yet & holy cow I got 4 you think one of them would call me! Well, there last minute kids so I'm not worried. 2 girls & 2 boys! Well, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU TOO my new friend! I found you by Steve's he's a character, but oh so nice! You have a wonderful day my new friend!!!

pilch92 said...

Great photos. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day> XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

So many beautiful memories. Hey Maxine, we'll go with your suggestion!

Joyful said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful cake you had. I enjoyed reading all your answers to Tuesday 4 meme. I think your dear mom had the best advice for being content. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed all your pictures and answers to questions, etc. I love that you still play with your Barbie dolls. I still have my original Barbie, but she stays safely in the China Cabinet because she is so old. But I do play with my "Lily Grace" doll and a baby doll and my doll house dolls and I sometimes write about all their adventures. Not as much as I used to, however. I go in cycles with that and right now I am in a busy cycle so not as much time to play. But I still enjoy dressing them, etc. My mother collected dolls and enjoyed "playing with them" as she arranged them for others to enjoy too, so I guess I come by it honestly. It's okay to still be a child at heart. It keeps us young! I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Mother's Day!

Mari said...

I enjoyed your photos today! Precious memories in each one!

messymimi said...

What a beautiful post, top to bottom!

Veronica Lee said...

Such precious memories!

Love the photos.

Happy Thursday!

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of healing hugs at loss of your sister ~ and wonderful tribute to Moms ~ Hope you have a loving Mother's Day ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

I have just lost my mother few months ago. I couldn't attend her funeral because I can't travel due to my chemo treatment.