Thursday, May 11, 2023

THANKFUL THURSDAY FRIENDLY FILL IN'S

Thankful Thursday 

Today I am thankful for the long friendship at this blog with Edna Barron. Edna last blogged in September 2022. I kept checking her blog and of course, knew she must have passed away. A Brit in Tennessee confirmed it saying Edna passed away February 2, 2023.  My heart hurts for the loss of this lovely lady. My biggest regret was she always wanted to help me create a blog book and I just never had the money to do it. She was upbeat and funny. She made me a few Afghans for two of our great grands who were preemies. She was always doing things for others. It was just who she was. 


These cute Yorkies were at Pinterest and most of them were quilting squares. Oh how Edna would have loved that. When she lost her best fur baby Pogo I think it truly broke her heart. She gave that lil fellow the best life he could live after being abused and found in a shelter. She lived for him and he had the life of a lil Yorkie king, special beds and blankets and Edna cooked special meals just for him.  So this is a tribute to my beautiful friend. I am going to miss sending her the Yorkie Calendar each year as I had been accustom to. She sent me beautiful calendars she made with Pogo through the years. He was so important to her . She loved all her children, the grand children and great grands. I hope she is shining down smiling at all of us who knew her and enjoying the heavens with those she loved who went before her. Rest Easy my beautiful friend.

  • "Honoring a friend's death is truly about honoring their life. Despair over what may have been, but revel and reflect in what was."

  • Here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for tomorrow. Ellen came up with the first two and her  co-host, Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs came up with second two.

    1. I’ve got a yen for __________________________.
    2. I would gladly trade ________________ for _____________________.
    3. It seems like only yesterday that _________.
    4. If you offered me _________, I would _________.
  • Come back tomorrow for all the answers.

8 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Your tribute to your friend, Edna, is both moving and heart-felt. She sounds like someone I would have loved to meet.
Blessings, Anne!

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. XO

Mari said...

Edna sounds like a special lady. I've met some wonderful blog friends too. I'm glad you had the chance to meet her and get to be friends through your blogs.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm sorry for the lost of your friends. It's awful when you know but you don't really know. Those Yorkies are mighty cute. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

messymimi said...

This is a lovely tribute, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mevely317 said...

Lovely tribute, Anne. I'm sorry I wasn't fortunate to know Edna.
Now, I gotta put on my thinking cap for the Fill-ins!

DUTA said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend! What a fine tribute in her memory you've weitten!

R's Rue said...

I’m so sorry.