Monday, August 29, 2022

Tuesday4

 Summertime and the Living is Easy



 Well we hope it's easy anyway.

 Welcome back to  Toni's Tuesday4

 Always good to have you here.

 Let's concentrate on the little bit of summer

 that is left, shall we? we need to enjoy every

 season to the fullest,  I believe...what say you?                                

 Not much more of summer left so we better

 enjoy it while it lasts.

1. What do you like to do in the summer?

I like to relax indoors. I am not a fan of extreme heat 

or extreme cold. I was born and raised in Colorado, still

live here and we get hot summers and cold winters.  I do

like yard work when we have cooler days and it is always

nice to have a garden . Love all the flowers blooming too

but my most unfavorite thing are the wasps/hornets - evil

devil biting/stinging/creepy bugs!

2. What is your favorite summertime food and beverage?

Love barbeques in the summertime and lots of ice cold tea. Our

son-in-law(s) all are great barbeque grillers so there is always a

nice variety of foods to eat. Corn on the cob on the grill is a favorite.

3. How do you beat the heat?

With central air and lots of fans too on hot hot days. My auntie Ang

always had hand fans and I have them too. I recently bought two

new fans in pink and blue and they have the prettiest designs and

their own carrying case.  I love baseball in the summertime so I

have suffered in the heat to attend baseball games. You learn to pay a little

extra to sit under cover. hahaha



4. What do you really like about the summer season?

The number one thing about the summertime is that our

youngest daughter Hannah and her husband Jake always

come for a visit. Kids are out of school so there is lots of

phamily time too. All of our kids except our oldest are summertime

babies. Noelle & I are December babies and of course, Avery, my 

husband is a summertime baby too. Lots of birthday parties.


Life has been battering us with sadness lately. My niece Carrie's husband has been hospitalized and terribly ill. I have learned to keep my medical information  knowledge to myself but I ask for prayer. After two weeks at one hospital facility he was transferred to another and they told his phamily he was not going to make it through tonight.  This after the other place said he had West Nile . Please pray for John and his wife, his children and his brother. They have lost so many loved ones .



 

 

9 comments:

Joyful said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness and loss in the family. Prayers certainly do help and you have mine. You and I share the same thoughts about extreme weather in the summer except you have air con at home by the sounds of it and sadly I do not. Thankfully I have a few fans and my home doesn't get the direct sunlight which helps in summer. Enjoy your week ahead.

annie said...

Praying for your family and so sorry to hear of this bad news.
Its so great your kids come to visit for the summer.
Thanks so much for joining in.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, Anne, praying for your family now. That sounds so terrible and I know it is hard on everyone. Praying for a miracle still. Your summertime sounds like ours...too hot to stay outdoors and do much. We are so thankful for our AC! The humidity is what is so bad here in Florida, and that makes it feel even hotter. We have a lot of August birthdays, and will be having a get together on Labor Day to celebrate with the extended family. It will have to be indoors, but it will still be fun. Praying for your family now. God be with you all.

Jodi said...

I have a few fans as well, one is forever beside me, and not just for the summer heat... the good ole menopause is the main culprit! LOL Have a great Tuesday!

R's Rue said...

Praying. Healing hugs your way. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I'm so, so sorry to hear what you and yours are enduring, Anne. Prayers lifted!

Mari said...

I'm so sorry about your nieces husband. Praying for him now.

messymimi said...

Those fans are beautiful.

Like you, i'm not much for doing stuff when it's hot.

Lots of prayers for the whole family.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure has been a hard time for so many. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I always liked those pretty hand fans and think I still have a black one with a Chinese design on it. Enjoy your day. Stay cool!