Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tuesday4

 Tuesday4 READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

Welcome to Tuesday4. Let's talk about books and reading.  If you are not a reader substitute moves and TV programs.

1.  What book brought out your emotions and why?

That's a tough question for me. I love reading and always have. But "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee really touched my emotions. I was raised in a place where prejudice was not part of the local laws. So we never knew it, we were never taught it. It was hard to imagine the hatred people had for someone so different from themselves.

2. How has reading changed your life, for good or for bad?  What did you get out of it?

If I get caught up in reading, I don't get anything else done!   I am a cool weather reader too. I find more time in the cold months to sit and read. The Spring and summer seem to take up my time with other projects.  I believe you learn something new each day so I love diving into books and learning about people or places that I did not know about previously.  As a kid in Catholic school it was mandatory to read, and we had a huge summer reading list. I am grateful for that because I enjoyed reading and still do. But I am a hard core book with ink and paper in my hands. I have never nor will I ever, get into the  kindles, and such books. I do enjoy listening to a book on tape occasionally though. 

3. Which characters do you love and which do you hate, and why?

I always root for the underdog. I dislike the bad guys or gals.  I am a simple person. I like the good characters and am not a fan of the ones who cause trouble for others.

4. What book or books do you think everyone should read  once in their lifetime?

I think each individual should find the type of reading they enjoy and read them all. I think everyone should pick up the Word of God and rely heavily on it in good times and day. I had the dearest friend and favorite aunt: .Both Sharon and my favorite aunt Ang read trashy novels, those love stories laced with  heaving bosoms and all that! ha ha! Sharon had a brilliant mind but she loved nothing better than a stack of  those books, she just liked getting away from all the real world stuff but she was also a Trekkie! what can I say? We were so opposite yet she was like a bonus sister for me. Auntie Ang loved those racy love stories and it drove my uncle nuts! He and I shared another favorite book, The Good Earth! Pearl S. Buck was an incredible writer and storyteller. I chuckled when people went gaga over Oprah and her list of bestsellers. Most of them never heard of Pearl S. Buck! If you have never read it, I suggest you do. Something about that book is just  good reading.  Finally, I am always looking for good reading. Send your favorites my way, please and thank you.

I have been away from my blog too much lately, all these health issues with Nick and Roger take my mind off this. But I am going to try really hard to catch up. I have not posted Maxine lately and I need a good dose of her snarky attitude today!

Oh Maxine we do have something in common!



Uh-oh Maxine & I really do have a few things in common!  Maxine you make my day! SMILE!




9 comments:

Sandee said...

Lovely questions and answers. You know how much I love Maxine. She's my kind of gal.

Have a fabulous day, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry about the health issues. When I was a young mom, I read one book a day. Thinking back now, I don't know how I did it! I belonged to about five of those mail order book clubs. Do you remember them? You could choose about five books for around a dollar, but then there was a minimum you had to buy before the year ended.

Joyful said...

I enjoyed all your answers and I too get swept up in time when reading. Maxine is a hoot! Enjoy your day.

Mevely317 said...

To Kill a Mockingbird's a great choice! One of these days I want to take a drive to Monroeville that Sean's written about. Love these Maxine 'toons' you've found; she always makes me nod and laugh.

carol l mckenna said...

Books are like having a good friend to keep you company ~ Great with a cup of tea on a rainy ~ day or snowy day or hot day or any day ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

You've reminded me here that I've never read The Good Earth - it's next on my book wish list! I do so enjoy Maxine's humor and wisdom, too. And, if you're looking for something new to read, might I suggest my books? You can order them at gladeseries.wix.com/theglade, or I would be more than happy to mail you the first book in the series to get you "hooked." :) You can contact me at marthaorlando@gmail.com.
Happy Reading!

Mari said...

Maxine is always good for a laugh!
I love to read, sometimes it keeps me up too late!
I just finished reading Once upon a Wardrobe - a book about CS Lewis. I really enjoyed it.
Still praying!

annie said...

Time does fly by when you are really into reading! Thanks for the Maxine giggles!!

pilch92 said...

I agree everyone should read what makes them happy. When I was a tutor, I saw a lot of kids turned off of reading by having to read what the teacher wanted them to read. XO