Sunday, August 28, 2022

Dreaming of Lake Tahoe and Sunday Stealing

 

Avery found these photos in a folder on his computer. Our honeymoon at Lake Tahoe, Nevada in May 1984. Oh we were so young. What glorious memories. 

"Where there is love, there is life." Mahatma Ghandi

"The heart has it's reasons, which reason knows not." Blaise Paschal

SUNDAY STEALING:


1. Your favorite sport:

     Baseball

2. A quote to live by"

 "Science can only flourish in an asmosphere of free speech." Albert Einstein

3. A city in the US you would like to move to"

Not a city, but a state, Maine, part time.

4. Three beautiful little things in your life:

1, faith 2. hope 3. love

5. What made you laugh today:

My husband with his silly sense of humor.

6. A good deed you did today:

Smiled at and spoke to a stranger at the restaurant we were at.

7. Activities you like to do when you are bored:

I should write a post about them. Searching for clothes and really just to look at the fabric and prints because the Good Lord knows, I do not need anymore clothing. There are others, researching old friends, playing trivia. I once scored 100 percent on a trivia quiz about Frida Kahloe! I am not a creative artist, but I know art.

8. Are you a procrastinator?

Yes, somedays it takes me all day to do nothing that I Need to do. Recently, a friend lost her husband. It took me two months to mail a card to her. It was a hard loss. There are never any words.

9. Your thoughts about dying.

I do not dwell on it but I know it is probably going to happen to us all. But as a Christian , my greatest hope is to be taken in the Rapture. As a child my stay at home mom took me to many funerals. I was never afraid of death because of the way my parents handled it. 

10. What super power would you like to have?

To spread kindness and rid the world of hatred.

11. Top three Netflex series.

I am more comfortable watching old shows like Perry Mason, The A Team, Gunsmoke. The Carol Burnett Show.

12. Things you want to do before you die:

Visit Maine, read more books and live vicariously through them and learn about far off places, I know I will not be able to visit.

13. Your biggest fears:

I don't like being alone, claustrophobia, so not a fan of elevators, extremely large crowds, and darkness when I cannot sleep.

14. What makes you angry?

What is happening to America.  I don't dwell on it. I know why it is happening. So I stay away from the news, people who stir the pot and do what I can to hang on to the values I was taught.

15. Do you listen to podcasts?

Yes, there are a few I do enjoy listening to. In fact I have always had a better state of mind listening to the radio, back in the days, when I was a carefree child.  

3 comments:

messymimi said...

You were young, and beautiful. Your Avery was quite a handsome guy.

Those are good answers, i also try to stay away from stirring the pot and listening to people who just want to tear others down.

Mevely317 said...

Just look at y'all cuties!
I need to take a page from you, Anne, and stay away from the news and those who court unnecessary drama. We don't watch Netflix either; even very little mainstream network. Woke. Ugh!
Keep on spreading that kindness!

The Feminine Energy said...

I love old pictures like this! But I must admit that sometimes they make me sad, looking at them. I wish I could "go back" to those days of yesteryear...if just for a little while. ~Andrea xoxo