Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tuesday 4 All About Blogging!

  I am new blogging with Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo. This week the questions were supplied by Pamela Steiner.  Let's talk about blogging:


1. Tell us about your blog. When did you start blogging? My good friend Barb suggested I start blogging when our little poodle Tinkerbell became very ill in 2009. My first post was November 1, 2009. I wasn't very good at it but as time went by, I improved. I don't have a fancy schmancy blog or two. I made the decision a few years ago to blog aobut my heritage because I was encouraged by my great cousin Mike. Now Mike loved writing about where we grew up. The neighborhood and all those wonderful memories. So I devoted an entire month to blogging about our neighborhood and shared stories and photos. It kicked off more blog posts and although I don't have the know how, I scrape by because I am devoted to it. I included my faith and found some were turned off. All I can say about that is I know faith is important. I know God listens. I have seen Him turn a life around. So thank you very much, I will profess my faith as long as I am able.

2. What prompted you to blog?  Besides Tinkerbell and her liver disease, I felt I could make some on line friends, who were very much like me. I have really journaled with it too. I want to write down those memories, the stories, the words I have heard. My phamily is so important to me. My first blog is Phamily Blog. I spent many years in the small business market selling Princess House and I loved the abbreviation PH for everything. So I took Phamily Blog as my title. Unfortunately, there are several other variations of that name . Unless you can afford a patent or can purchase the name outright you deal with others having similar titles but entirely different blogs. More stories on one such blog I came across in my journey later. I love my "Phamily" so I love writing about them. One husband, five kids, 6 grand kids and 11 great grands. Lots of pets, many happy times, many sorrows. We have seen it all. I started my second blog, My Tata's Cottage because aside from the fact that my maternal grandmother Cecilia was my BFF I also adored her younger sister, my Tata Rose too. I loved her tiny cottage like home. When she passed away and all her children were gone as well, I had hoped and prayed someday I could buy that little home, move it away and create a little cottage space. So I still dream about it. But the love I have for my sweet grandmother, gone from my life since 1967 and my Tata since 1985 remains forever.

3. What was your first blog about and what was the subject/title?  I seem to talk too much most times . I sort of explained all of this in question #2.  I had hoped to create a place where people stopping by would be able to enjoy a few minutes of fun and humor, encouragement and prayer, A place where we could form friendships and enjoy the company of others like us. My blogs do not sync. I jumped ahead, missing a step when I created my second blog. So I often have difficulties linking my posts elsewhere. I am tech un- savvy so my photos and posts are not as polished as others. But I never want to have a blog filled with advertising (Goodness, I try to get away from it everywhere I go). I am never going to be rich making money here and I love my little life. I love the friendships. My blog is my personal journal times two.

This was a different kind of blog post today. I am going to do more like this. I appreciate each person who stops by and I love reading my comments. Since our kids are here until next week, I am sneaking a few hours of blogging as I can. Have a wonderful night. Sleep well, dream beautiful dreams and praying we are all here tomorrow for another day.


I learned this verse from my dad. He often said this to us. I say it everyday now. Only God holds the answer to our lives and how long we will remain on this earth.




4 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I started my blog end of 2014 after I retired. An ex-colleague who has been blogging for a few years encouraged me to blog and she taught me to blog. I started to blog mostly on my garden plants and edibles and the food I ate. I blog about anything that I find interesting so it is a mixed blog.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, thank you for sharing your "story" here about how you began your blog. I am SO happy you joined up on the Tuesday 4 link, and I am especially happy that you came over and visited my blog , Closed Doors, Open Windows, and then you also stopped by to visit my special little friend, Lily Grace in "The Adventures of Lily Grace". I would love to know more about your "Tata's Cottage", and wish I could go back to where you wrote about that, if you have any special links to show me where to go for more of those stories. That sounds so intriguing to me, and I also wish you could have kept that sweet place. I love that you seem to enjoy many of the same things that I do...dolls, teapots, and Jesus Christ! I will never apologize for sharing my faith here in my blog, because that is such a big part of who I am and to leave that out would be like trying to live in an empty house with no love or memories or joy. Jesus is the JOY of my life, and I am happy we live in a country where we still have the freedom to share that JOY with others. I do hope we will get better acquainted in the future. Thank you so much for becoming my new friend!

messymimi said...

It makes me happy that you started a blog and i got to meet you!

pilch92 said...

I wish I had been following blogs back then, but I am glad to know you now. XO