Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Random Tuesday Thoughts

When we lost my mother-in-law July 23, 2010 it was my hubby's birthday. He was devastated. He adored his mom and she adored him.  But traveling home from Lamar, Colorado from her burial it rained and we saw this in the sky. We figured God let us know all was good with Grandma Rita and she was safely in His loving arms.
This story was shared at social media and I wanted to share it here.  I do not know who wrote this originally.
Please read the story and you will understand why I felt it so important to share. I get grumpy and complain to myself and God because no one else is listening but I think I need to do this as we have a yard filled with fifty plus year old trees.  Cheerfulness certainly outweighs negativity.
I could not resist.
We are better in pairs if we can help it.
What  the heck in the Sam Hill  happened here? I see lots of turtles and frogs at the open spaces, but I have never seen this . It is a three turtle pile up! Stop traveling too fast you hard shelled little critters! Perhaps this is some form of modern dance! Hmmm....
Everything else seems to be on auto pilot why not the hand sanitizer too? If you think about it you need to be extra careful. I carry my own hand sanitizers and we use them when we get in our car.
That is a heavy load to carry.
I think this was around 1938. My dad was an amazing person. I miss him all the time and he has been gone for 35 years. Almost half of my life.



6 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoyable post and cute memes, so many out there right now. Have a great rest of the week!

Kay G. said...

I love that story of the man leaving his troubles on the tree before he goes into his home. Thanks for sharing it.
I also love the cartoons!
I lost my Dad on Feb. 16, 2019. I miss him so very much. He was 91. I know I was lucky to have him for so long but sometimes, it is has if he just died yesterday.
Best to be focus on the positive always and surround yourself with those who do so! Take care.

Cloudia said...

God bless you 🙏🏼

messymimi said...

Such a pretty rainbow, i am sure it was sent for comfort.

That cartoon is too much! Yes, you almost have to rob a bank to be able to retire now. That's okay, who wants to retire and sit around, i'd ratherr wear out than rust out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Funny, sad, and touching all at once. Lovely post!

Ann said...

Whenever someone who I have been close to has died there has always been something that I saw that made me think it was that person sending me a message