Friday, July 24, 2020

Phamily Photos and Fun

This tea time image from 123RF at google images
This google image made me SMILE OUT LOUD! I have never seen anything so cute like this. Some folks are so crafty. I sure wish I were.

My dad had a sister who was two years younger then him. After his untimely passing she was the phamily storyteller who kept us in phamily stories. When she passed away her oldest daughter Audrey took over the storytelling job. We lost Audrey too but when she passed away I found out the most amazing fun fact about her. She and her hubby Chuck were fishing lovers. Audrey was the first woman president of the National Association of Fly Fishing. I keep in close contact with her only son and he has shared many stories with me too. Audrey and her hubby Chuck were the first couple to marry in our hometown church when it was brand spanking new. Somewhere in my photos I have their wedding photo too. I am always asking relatives to send me any photos they would like to share. I love posting them here and giving credit where credit is due. Chuck celebrates his birthday on July 23 with my hubby Avery. It was my dad's birthday also and to be truthful, it was the reason I knew I was destined to marry my hubby. Not only did my dad approve of him, he liked sharing that birthday with him too. Chuck is their triple and cousin Kay is the quadruple with them all sharing the day. My folks were her godparents at baptism and Uncle Bear and Auntie Gela (photo) were my godparents.

This is a CHRISTmas phamily photo of their phamily.  Les (far left) was married to cousin Jeanie. They had three daughters and one son but only Savannah is pictured here. Chuck and Audrey pictured with Julie and only son Michael. They had lost a daughter Anna Marie as well and went on to have more daughters, Janet, Susan and Mia and lots of grandchildren and great grands. Kenny was younger here but he is married to Kay who does lots of ancestry work for phamilies and they have two sons, one who is a pastor. Danny ran the filling station and auto repair . He is married to Joan and they have one son and two daughters. Ray is married to Kathy and they had two sons and one daughter. All of the kids pictured have grand kids too.
I love tea and anything related to tea. This humorous tidbit was too cute not to share.
We don't hear people discuss self control very much these days. Occasionally someone will say they need more self control while dieting to being around desserts ans other sweets. Bu it seems to be an ongoing problem in our world today.

Self-discipline is another problem not often mentioned in today's society. We have kind of gotten away from an organized world I think.
I love the Book of James. As a child I heard many of these words from my own father and as I became an adult and studied the Word of God for myself I realized everything my father said to me he took directly from the bible. You might not think that was a big deal, but being raised in the Catholic faith, the church never encouraged people to read the bible. So I know my father studied his bible as he knew they words and applied them in his daily life. He was never angry either and anger is another emotion people use way too much. As a child, I was very spoiled, being the youngest and I had a temper. I try to be a calm, collected person today. But I don't lie, it is hard being a kind soul constantly. I just know I feel better when I am calm and cool.
Before I sign off, I hope you all have sweet dreams and a restful night. Do you have a night time routine? Do you use a special pillow? Is there a specific pillow that you love? Do you get 8 hours of restful sleep?
                                  Thank you all for your visits and being such lovely blog friend.

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your dad seems like he was a wonderful person! You were so blessed to have him. I sure wish I knew as much about our family history as you do. I think it is so important to hear the stories told thru the generations. I love the tea time lamp! And the bible quotes! Seems like lately, a lot of people have no self control!

messymimi said...

Thank you for the post, it is very inspiring.