Saturday, July 25, 2020

MOMISMS

They say can not pick your phamily. but you can pick your friends. I hit the jackpot with a wonderful, kind and loving set of parents and grandparents too. This is a photo of my dad's folks and my grandmother is holding my cousin MaryJo. Her brother Sammy is on your rights and cousin Dennis to your left. Good memories.
In honor of   all the mothers who have stepped up and home schooled their kids,  here are some classic "Momisms". I will add to these along the way.
I Have heard my mom and her momisms' coming out of my mouth on more then one occasion. Even with the grands!
In my case these days, it is dogs who get into my space.  Leo, all 95 lbs. of him, often lays directly in front of where I am cooking, washing dishes, exercising, etc. The puppies are often so intrigued I feel like some sort of oddity that they wonder who is she? What is she doing? Where did she come from?

Even as adults, they sure know where to scope me out!
Today is especially hard for young parents trying to keep kids from doing this. But I see young kids in store with parents wearing masks so I suppose as far as licking goes, that is a plus!
The author, who is unknown was pure genius. This is something silly my hubby would give to me. Raising children isn't easy particularly in today's unknown world.  But having raised five to adulthood, I would never change a thing even if someone said I could. Tomorrow I will touch on dad's who give their all raising their kids.




2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, I have surely heard my mom come out of my mouth! I love this post, it is so true! Both funny and touching. I especially like the part about hiding, and Don't touch that! I will add "you don't know where it's been!"

messymimi said...

Oh, this is a fun post! Yes, mom comes out of my mouth sometimes.

Have you ever looked up The Mom Song as sung by Anita Renfroe? You would love it.