Saturday, July 25, 2020

HodgePodge

Visit Joyce and come join some fun.

1. Do you think the pandemic has had any kind of  positive impact on your health? Explain:

I might sound grumpy, I'm not really. I have lived a rather quiet life these past 6 years since losing a job I was at for 12 years. I am use to a slower pace. But my hubby has asthma and I do everything I can to make his breathing better for him. We do a daily vitamin regime and other then a few meds he takes, I only take one prescription medication. I am not interested in a bunch of pills if I can remain relatively healthy. In cooler weather we can walk but with this heat wave there is no way to get out and enjoy the day until the heat drops. I have a dance routine exercise plan I like, I do some chair and standing exercises for my balance. The young guy who I follow says they are designed for seniors (ha) but I keep up with him!

2. A hot mess, hot under the collar, in hot water, hot button, hot diggity dog, hot seat... choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently:

Hot diggity dog, I watched so many episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club House with Harrison as a small toddler. Now my grandboys Brody and Blake watch me dance the Hot Diggity Dog Dance. I am in heaven!

3. Speaking of the hot seat, do you work well under pressure or do you actively avoid high pressure situations?

I like cool, calm, collected but if I feel something is worth my time and effort I will work hard under pressure to get it all done. I don't like pressure from others to take sides, so I will remain cool, calm, collected. 

4. Hot dogs- yay or nay? If you said yay, how do you like yours? Did you know July in National Hot dog month?

Yay! I love a good all American all beef hot dog. I love poppyseed buns so if I can have one I will take it with mustard, onions and relish. I don't indulge often, but the occasionally one still makes me happy.

I read here a list of America's coolest Southern towns. they are Marfa Texas, Greenville South Carolina, Abindgon Virginia, Athens Georgia, Bentonville, Arkansas, Florence Alabama, Oxford Mississippi, Abita Springs Louisana, Wilmington North Carolina Monroeville, Alabama,  McMinnville Tennessee, Natchez, Mississippi.How many on the list have you seen in person?  Which town on the list would you most like to see?

Greenville, South Carolina and Wilmington, North Carolina and Natchaz, Mississippi have been on my list of places I have been. But I would really love to see Monroeville, Alabama as years ago I knew a blogger from there who sent me a post card when I did a post card giveaway. She gave me the story of Harper Lee and the courthouse where  the courthouse scenes from To Kill A Mockingbird were filmed.  Arkansas in general has been on my list as my late father-in-law was born and raised there in a town called Springfield.

6. Insert your own random thoughts here:

My random photo from Westbound 112th Avenue on the way to Good Times to pick up our breakfast burritos. They use Hatch's green chili, shhh.....do not tell Loretta. She thinks Hatch's green chili is better then the Pueblo green chili where I grew up. She doesn't need to know that I am cool and eat both. 

I will continue my DAD post tomorrow since I did my Hodge Podge post here today.






3 comments:

messymimi said...

A fun hodgepodge, it feels like my life is always a hot mess and i am having to stay cool under the pressure.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, people should not categorize one whole section of people, everyone is different! I believe there is no entire race, or sex, that are all the same! Everyone has both good and bad and shades of grey. Though we love hot dogs, we hardly ever eat them, because they are so unhealthy.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Love the story of the Tradie and his trouble tree - think we all need one of these!
Wren x