Thursday, July 30, 2020

Humor and MY D O L L S

Oh Loretta.....
Oh My Goodness - I guess I am really old! Madge was something.
I have a very large doll collection. So many of them are in storage in our shed and garage. But I had purchased a few recycled American Girl Dolls. These dolls can get a full beauty treatment at the local American Girl Store. I just clean them up and some of them are in excellent condition. Josefina needs new boots. But she was reasonably priced and came with the outfit she is wearing. Old Fried Bear is a sweet ole bear I bought 20 years ago when I started to work at the ENT office. A gal who was a patient there sold these cool books for kids and I could not resist Old Friend Bear. He was $8 and he is so soft and plush. He came with his cool patched sweater too.
This is Edward O'Beary a Boyd's Bear. I bought him because my father was Edward and he had lots of nicknames but he loved that he was legally named Edward. That is Cabbage Patch Kid  Ambrose and AG Mia. That little dog barks and flips over on non carpeted areas. He is a hoot. The grands either hate him or love him.
Chloe Bear Harrison Bear (for my great grandson) and Charlotte Bear.

Kit is a 1942 American Girl doll. It is a great way for young kids to learn a little history. All the dolls brand new come with their own story.
Samantha is an American Girl doll too. They are porcelain dolls with  movable legs and arms.  I have all sorts of dolls from Barbie to a few original Fayzah Spanos and Betty Ball. dolls. I even have an old Vanna White doll.   Years ago Walgreens carried the most beautiful porcelain collectible dolls. I would go all over to find different ones at different stores. They were $10. They were incredibly beautiful. I even found a Rapunzel doll that was exquisite and they discounted them. It made me so sad.
My auntie Ang made clothes for Troll dolls just like these from a google image. She had rheumatoid arthritis and she sewed like a dream. Unfortunately before my oldest daughter was born other kids in my siblings  phamily ruined all my wonderful Barbie and Troll dolls and collections. My oldest took very good care of her things and still has a large Smurf collections as well as some Cabbage Patch dolls.  I have an original Goebel Betty Ball Dolly Dingle doll.She has a page boy haircut and is wearing a Chanel suit. I figured it would be the only time I could afford a Chanel suit. She was purchased in 1988 when our second daughter was born. That little doll reminded me of her.


5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A lovely and varied collection! How on earth did you get them for ten dollars? Thrift stores or yard sales?

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Talk to myself in peace, yep, i have to talk to myself a bit i need a good conversation once in a while.

While i never was huge on doll collecting, i do get their fascination.

JanCT said...

Thanks for sharing your collection! I do remember those Palmolive commercials. Perhaps if I soak my hands in Palmolive they'll look younger! I loved Barbies. I also had Dorothy Hamill (Olympic figure skater), Marie & Donnie Osmond, The Bionic Woman (from the tv show), and a very manly G.I. Joe doll. My daughter is completely uninterested in dolls, but she does like some of the American Girl books. Have a wonderful weekend!
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Ann said...

Oh my gosh, I am old, I remember that add for the dish soap.
What a great doll collection. I remember buying a cabbage patch doll for my daughter and I had troll dolls when I was little

Louca por porcelana said...

Great doll collection!Love all of them!