Friday, January 21, 2022

Thankful Thursday Feline Friday

 


 
Thankful Thursday

I was telling two of my young friends who are new mom's and about to be mom's about the differences between sons and daughters. Our sons are Jeremy and Nick. Avery and I are very proud of them and we feel grateful to be their parents.  The same goes for our daughters, Noelle, Rebekah and Hannah. There are many differences to raising girls as opposed to boys but that's for any other time and place. Girls are more challenging but we would never change one thing about the way our lives turned out. That is a fact in case there are fact checkers out there! hahaha Be thankful. God gave us healthy children and even when life is unpredictable I hear my mother's voice inside my head. "Be grateful, God gave you a good husband and five healthy children. There is nothing else you need."


We are thankful everyday for all we have and all those we love. 

If you have a moment would you please pray? My sweet friend Elizabeth is expecting their third daughter any time and she was diagnosed with the virus. She was given the antibody infusion but she chuckled and said it was weird as she had zero symptoms. 

A first  time mom with a new baby girl already has learned that girls tend to have "attitudes:". It is something in life you learn to navigate. I always say I am thankful for Dr. Kevin Lehman and Dr. James Dobson. They were a lifeline for me when my children were young. My friend Chris takes it one step further, she says her mom would have committed a crime as her younger sister was a pistol and Chris was a gentle child. Her mom said Dr. Dobson saved her sanity!

I remember the older ladies in my bible study when I was a young mom. I think I literally would have lost my mind had it not be for them rallying around me when we lost our daughter Rachel Lee. I often think of those older gals, who I am sure are with the Lord today. They were shining examples of kindness and true faithful servants of the Lord. Thankful for those women.


This google images just cracked me up! So tell Feline Friday hello and share a favorite feline.

Love me, feed me, never leave me. Garfield the Cat


Ellen and Lorianne  co host this fun fill in. Please join in and here are the shares this week:

1. I just can't bring myself to ________________________.

2. I have a hankering for ____________________________.

3. _______________changed my life.

4. At this stage of my life, I __________________.

My  Lorianne answers:

1. I just can't bring myself to feel badly for people with lack of common sense.

2. I have a hankering for brisket tacos. Unfortunately tonight, the place closed early.

3. Jesus Christ changed my life.

4. At this stage of my life, I let a lot of things roll off my back like a duck outta water. Too old to get into drama. Was not raised with it, do not care for it.

I think Lorianne had different fill in's from Ellen. These are on Ellen's page:

1. _______________is music to my ears.

2. My favorite kind of soup is _______________.

3. If I were going to migrate or hibernate for the winter, I would go to _______________.

4. I would _______________if I ________________.

My Ellen answers:

1. Peace and quiet is music to my ears.

2. My favorite kind of soup is potato cheese soup.

3. If I were going to migrate or hibernate for the winter, I would go to where the swallows go, Mission San Juan Capistrano and to hibernate, I would go to Alaska.

4. I would run away to a secret place if I had endless amounts of money. A reverse Howard Hughes. I would anonymously care for others in need. I would rest and relax and leave TV's and iphones and all electronics behind. I would have a plan laid out before I left.  Money is no good if it makes you a miserable recluse.









6 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Raising girls is more difficult than raising boys, but I wouldn't trade my lovely, amazing daughter for any other person on earth! Your family is beautiful, Anne, and I can tell how proud you are of them.
Sorry if I've missed some of your blogs recently. I don't know if you heard through the grapevine, but I was on death's door with pneumonia in the hospital for two weeks. Praise God I am home now and getting better by the day.
Blessings!

Sandee said...

Girls are different than boys to raise indeed. I only had one son, so I know a little about my granddaughter. She was a bit of drama. We love her so.

Love all your fill-ins and I didn't know there were two different sets of fill-ins. I always do what Ellen posts. Love your fill-ins.

That dressed up cat doesn't look to happy about dressing up, but ever so cute.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous weekend. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Well, I only had one child -- a son -- so I've little to relate. Only, that given my granddaughter' spirited personalities, I'm immensely grateful their mother's so laid back. (LOL)

Loving ALL these fill-ins! Wish I'd read this before posting Saturday 9. I hope no-one gets cross if I save them for another day's post. Shhhh!

NanaDiana said...

We had two of each. Our oldest son was very difficult. The girls too bad and the youngest son was a breeze. We were blessed, too, to have healthy children. My dad used to say if you don’t have your Health you don’t have anything.

Susan said...

Hi Anne...Thanks so much for your visit and comment on my blog today. Loved that you stopped by. Also,thanks for your post. So glad you are back to blogging.

messymimi said...

Funny, but my girls were a bit easier.

When i grow up, i want to be a secret philanthropist!