Friday, October 15, 2021

RANDOM THOUGHTS

 

My sweet mother. 1978 the year her only living brother, Uncle Louie turned 70. My mom was always serving people. She took care of everyone. She was a caregiver and she never complained. She was raised by a single mother after her father died tragically in the Portland Gold Mine cave in 1927. She lost her older brother Tony who was 17 at the time also. I often wonder what when through her mind. People  today have no idea what your loved ones went through to give you a better life. All we hear today is so much nonsense. Tiptoe around the ones who think the whole world owns them something. No one owes anyone anything.  

My parents were a team, my mother stayed at home and raised us. My father worked a difficult job and neither one ever complained. Today all we hear is complaining. 

Recently two women I know lost their fathers. Both women were estranged from them. Both went to see them before they passed away. The first women complained she tried  to reconcile and he would not budge. But I see him in her bullying  others as she always said he bullied her. Everything is  about herself,  never once does she stop to think maybe someone she is hurling insults at may be suffering as much as she says she was hurting when she could not have children. They may have a difficult job and work hard too. Maybe they have no one to talk to. It is easy to judge. My father would always say, you better be grateful that GOD is going to judge you and not people. I am grateful. I know how many people would and have judged me. It is a process, trying to escape such people. I find myself spending less time here on line. 

The second woman reconciled. She wrote a beautiful tribute on his passing. Different women, different persepectives. One still filled with anger and bitterness. The other one filled with love and forgiveness. I want to be like the second women.

It is hard in this world today. I am so grateful my parents are at peace, resting in eternity. My goal is to be there with them and it is so hard. It is so hard to be kind when others lash out at you. It is hard to be quiet when you want to yell and scream. This world is cruel, it is hard and yet once and awhile you meet a kind soul. Those are the moments and memories you treasure. 

I am so thakful for my husband. He is my rock. Logical, smart, kind, always looking for the good. Sometime he says when you share your heart and others won't listen sometime it is better to simply walk away and pray for them. 

Recently, Holly, who received a a clean bill of health on her leukemia disgnosis, said how do you like your bacon cooked!? I said I love crispy bacon. She chuckled and said, I don't like it too crispy. I said, see how different we are! It would be so boring to be exactly like everyone else. 

We are living in difficult times. There are those that want us all to be the same. Like good little soldiers or maybe robots. GOD never intened for us to all be the same. That is why He created each person from one unique mold.  Then He broke that mold. Have you ever met a set twins who were exactly the same? No, because they are their own unique person. How boring to think and act like everyone else. 

A prayer update. Amanda had the triplets. They are in the NICU and she was sent home. But her older kiddos are loving on her. Today the triplets  seemed to be better than yesterday so please pray for Nancy, Daisy and Charles. GOD is very good and He seems to be encouraging these little people to get stronger each day. 

Pray for Jeff and Simone as they transition from him being a part time pastor to a full time pastor. He has left a full time job he held for a long time and they are going to become responsible for their church full time. 

Pray for Holly as she keeps up with her doctor to make sure that leukemia stays away. She knows PRAYERS were answered for her and she is very grateful.

Keep praying for Jason dealing with the return of his cancer. 

Baby "E" is beautiful and she is growing everyday. Her big brother is loving her.

Charlotte is getting use to new brother Jackson but prefers mom to do everything for her instead of dad. 

I love praying for the little ones. They are precious little people and GOD loves them all so very much. 

There are so many needing prayer. I have a huge list of widows and widowers that I pray for each day.We can all use extra prayer. So please pray.

I think about everyone here who is so kind and caring. You are my people. I am going to get over to visit day by day. We have at least 100 things we need to take care of in the next two weeks so pray please. Tomorrow we have painting day. Oh my goodness, all the hard work somehow pays off. 

Life is hard, pray harder. Thanks mom for that one!

When nothing goes right....go left.


A tiny tot sad because her daddy left her to run an errand. She was very sad. This is a 100 percent Daddy's Girl. I can relate.....

6 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Life can be so hard, Anne, but we all need to keep praying for the needs of others. And I can certainly relate to how things have changed in this world, and so much is NOT for the better. Let us persevere in living and sharing God's love.

The Feminine Energy said...

You never know why the first woman was estranged from her father. She may have had a very good reason. My husband is estranged from his mother and has been for decades. I was estranged from both my brothers & their families and had been for decades. Sometimes people estrange themselves from others simply to cut the drama and live in peace, as the case with both my husband and myself. So don't judge too harshly, Anne, as there may be things you don't know about the situations. And try to remember... life is only as hard & awful as our perception of it. Be careful where you allow your mind to go and what you allow your mind to perceive. Only let it perceive good... and you will be much more cheerful and upbeat. Blessings are all around! ~Andrea xoxoxo

pilch92 said...

I was blessed with good parents too and I am thankful to still have my mom who will be 80 this week. It makes me sad that so many people are estranged from parents. Everyone makes mistakes, but I think most parents are only doing what they think is best for their kids.
I will pray for all those you listed. XO

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, I don't know what to say -- except I'm feeling so blessed to have been raised by those God chose for me. Praying now for all you've cited.
That's a precious photo of Shea!

Louca por porcelana said...

Thank you for this encouragement. Beautiful post as ever. "Pray and pray hard",I have learned with your adorable mother...

messymimi said...

Life is too short to bear grudges, i will be praying for everyone you mentioned, especially that first woman.