Monday, October 4, 2021

Aw...Mondays

 

  

Aw...Mondays--- My brother was fortunate enough to see Big Boy, the classic Steam Engine when it passed through Denver during the Labor Day weekend. This engine weighs over a million lbs. and the  engine had over one million miles on it when it was taken out of service. It was in a railroad museum until it was restored and used for the 150th anniverary  of the opening of the continental railroad! It is kept in Cheyenne, Wyoming in a large roundhouse.

I love trains. When I was a kid my father took us on many road trips, primarily to visit my big sister and her phamily who resided in military towns across the country. Sometime we were able to ride the train. What a wonderful mode of transportation. I like to see where I am going and I love looking out the window. If I could, I would travel by train everywhere in my country.

 I  love little baby ducks, old pickup trucks
 slow moving trains, and rain.
 I love little country streams, sleep without dreams Sunday school in May and hay.

And I love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends
Birds of the world and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups
Bourbon in a glass and grass

And I love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child
Tomatos on the vine and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when the try
Music when it's good and life

And I love you too

Words and Music by Tom T. Hall

Please stop by and visit Aw...Mondays



6 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love trains, too, Anne. And I'd forgotten all about that Tom T. Hall song, so I'm glad you recapped it here.
Have a marvelous week!

Sandee said...

I love trains and all those things too, Anne. This post made me smile. Oh, and I love you too.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day and week. Hugs. ♥

Daniela said...

Oh, I also love trains especially ancient ones, those still working with coal and steam, I'd have loved to see Big Boy so so much!
Wishing you a most lovely remainder of your week, Dearie
Xx Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love the train picture and the story...and the song! That is so cool. My Dad collected toy trains and had quite a village. I never really got to ride on a real train much except for a couple of short scenic rides. I would love to take a long train ride if it was in a beautiful part of the country. Thank you for this happy thought today.

messymimi said...

Trains are wonderful, it makes me sad that we have to be in such a rush that trains aren't fast enough any longer for most people

Veronica Lee said...

I love trains especially those old fashioned steam ones.

Happy Wednesday!