Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Happy Tuesday Tuesday Meme

 

Happy Tuesday

This Mollie is always up to something. She likes to steal cat food so I have to be vigilant keeping it away from her and her mom Lulu. They are so greedy for food and treats. Skinny lil things!


He is enjoying his freedom. Franklin will be here next week and they dislike each other intensely. Except Franklin gets the best of this one and he will hide on our bed and go out only to use his litter box.  I think, since Franklin was a rescue, he may have had an encounter with a bossy cat since he was chained. He is a sweet pup otherwise. He and Mollie are not pals either but the other pups think he is the greatest! Mister Kitty is terribly naughty to the pups and they fear him except for, yep, three lb. Mollie.  She will sit right next to him and he will glare like this but never make eye contact with her. He was best pals with Roxanne while she was terminally ill and I think he might feel he could not bear to lose another dear friend so he steers clear of them. Thoughts are my thoughts on it anyway.

Leo is looking forward to visiting with his brother, They try to tell me pets do not understand. Oh heck yes they do! If I say, Leo your brother Franklin is coming for a visit, he gets so happy and acts like a puppy. When Franklin is here they are the best of pals.

We have rain and it is a cool day. We have needed this rain so I can not complain. But I found this poem at google images and liked it enough to share. I collected our trash bins but still waiting on the recycle truck to stop by. It is cool and I had a wet head so I wore my hoodie when I picked up our trash days.



Oh Maxine, you come up with the best lines everyday. That poor pup. He looks so confused. Kind of like our world.


Be happy!  It is the best way to be in these times. Everyone has different opinions so I just stay in my own lane. 

 The sad news for me this week was hearing of the passing of Thelma Lou who portrayed Barney Fife's favorite gal on the Andy Griffth Show. Betty Lynn was one of the last surviving cast member. I don't think the Darling family were regulars but the gal who played Charlene Darling is still alive.  Also Elinor Donahue who portrayed the oldest daughter on Father Knows Best was also once a cast member but she and Andy did not have the on screen charisma. Betty Lynn, a/k/a Thelma Lou was 95 years young. She had entertained fans at the musuem in Mt. Airy, NC for many years.  What a loss, from a generation of happy souls.



If you follow Sean Dietrich you may know he wrote a beautiful tribute to Betty Lynn as he had the pleasure and honor of meeting this wonderful lady. Many of us remember Andy, Barney, Opie, Helen, Gomer, Goober, Howard,  Floyd the Barber and of course, Aunt Bee. Who could forget  the town drunk Otis Campbell and troublemaker Ernest T Bass. A classic show that remains in  the heart of many of us all these years later. Happy memories for a rainy Tuesday at my house.


TUESDAY MEME TUESDAY 4 in Memory of Toni Taddedo who started it all. 

1.What are your feelings about the month of October?

I love decorating and this year I am way behind. We have so much going on and everytime I think I will get into my Fall/Autumn treasures something else comes up. I think it is called life. 

Does it bring anything special to mind for you ? Do you have memories to share?

As a kid my mom made Halloween special. I attended Catholic school so we celebrated All Saints Day (November 1). My mom would help me create a costume and then for all Saints day I would go to my auntie Mary's house. She was a terrific seamstress and she had a closet filled with Saintly costumes. Lots of nuns, of different orders so always something and someone new to be. I always loved being an angel too. My husband's mom made all the traditional Halloween treats, carmel apples, carmel popcorn, sugar cookies decorated for the specific holiday.  We both had great childhoods.

2. Have you ever gone apple picking?

We had made plans last year to go to a cute orchard about any hour away but than 2020 happened. We still visited the orchard and ate fresh apple donuts, and drank apple cider and shopped their cute gift shop.

Pumpkin Picking?



When our kids were small we spent every year at a Pumpkin Patch. Now we go to the local grocer. Our middle is a great baker and she loves nothing more than baking pumpkin pies from scratch. 


Any kind of picking, including banjo picking at all?

No musical talent for me but I do love music!

Do you bake pies with those fruits?

My middle Rebekah does! But I do love all those yummy fruit pies? Especially during the cooler months. Sigh....

3. What is autumn like where you live?

Some years we have great autumn weather and colors particularly in the mountains. I just do not think it is ever long enough as Spring and Autumn are my favorite Seasons. We've been in the 70's lately but today it says 60 with rain on and off. It is really a cold day. A day for hot tea. Sigh.

How about where you grew up as a child?

I grew up as did my husband in Pueblo, 120 miles from where we live today. The leaves always changed and as you got into the high mountain country it was prettier. I feel very blessed to have lived in a beautiful state with glorious mountains. Today we are about an hour away from traveling to the mountains West of us. Growing up it was a mere 30-40 minute ride. 

4. Autumn is not the same as Fall. Fall is when the leaves are actively falling. What activities of Autumn/Fall do you enjoy? 

We love walking in the cooler weather. I noticed in my neighborhood there are gorgeous colors all around us. 


There is a rose bush and a bridal bush side by side in our yard so I snapped this photos as I was walking the recycle and trash bins to their place after pick up. My neighbor Mark built that cool shed behind us. He is in the construction business so he knows lots of great helpers. He did that by himself. He is very patient and smart.

 Do you decorate your home for the season?

Yes but I am falling behind this year.  I have all the cool velvet pumpkins, the scary Dracula candy dish that talks when it catches you snagging a mini candy bar "Trick or Treat smell my feet, give me something good to eat." HaHaHa the little ones love it. We have a couple lights resin pumpkin lights and other Autumn/Fall fare, I am a serious collector of all season decorating. Just late this year. we did add a fresh coat of paint to the front porch.

Praying for good weather so my SIL Jake can help me refurbish the bench. I want to paint the wrought iron a neutral color because eventually we will paint our trim, we do not like this green. We plan to get a concrete front porch, those bunnies are making huge messes everyday digging in the dirt to dig their way into the underground of the front porch. 
Thank you for letting me particiapte. Thanks Ann for the questions. 





3 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Oh, how I loved The Andy Griffith Show, Anne! I'm so sorry to hear that "Thelma Lou" has passed away. What I would give to return to those more innocent and ethical times, when God's precepts guided families and governments. I often ask myself, "How did this degeneration happen?" Maybe, because we were so contented in what we knew to be good, that we couldn't see the evil creeping in upon us.
Blessings!

Sandee said...

Oh the personalities of our pet family members. All so different.

I love that show. I've watched every one of them. So special.

I love this time of year. The days are still warm and the evenings and morning are chilly. We don't decorate at all and that saves me a ton of time.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

messymimi said...

It's sad to know most of the stars from great old shows are gone.

Good luck with all of your pets, i hope they learn to get along.