Friday, August 25, 2023

Time flies away

 My phone does not sync with my laptop so I could not post while we were on our little mini vacation. We had a very nice time with Nick. He was really hoping his siblings could come along but no one could. We enjoyed being treated so wonderfully on our flight out of town. Because Nick's job scheduling flight crews  has afforded him enjoying lots of new friends. First rate flight and first class crew. A fun fact DIA, Denver International Airport is the only one US state that has a unique airport. On a top ten list list of unique airports Denver is the only US state there. I was happy to read it as my middle brother Ed worked on that airport and he has always done a first rate job and I am very proud that his work ethic is first class too.


I follow a mom named Kaylene Yoder. She has so many wonderful resources to help me in my Christian walk. This verse was imprinted on my heart yesterday as we left Las Vegas and flew home. Here is the reason why.


We were flying home and this photo out of the plane's window was over Buena Vista, Colorado. You need to know that we saw the first pilot coming into our waiting area and he looked to be approximately 11 years old! I was praying because I think of pilots like Sully who brought a plane down on the Hudson river without loss of life. As we board the plane the second pilot who may have been 12, greeted passengers. Now I was a little nervous. I know we hit turbulence when traveling over the mountains so that was a no brainer. But I was nervous and Avery and I prayed before we took off and all through out flight. Nick was socializing with the crew as they all have stories to share about being scheduled, cancelled flights, etc. As we were heading out to take off the pilot announces that Edward (the American Bald) eagle is flying on the tail with us. Now I feel like maybe things will be ok. We were sitting behind one of the emergency exits. The four people sitting there agreed that in case of emergency they would be prepared to help. We fly into the sky and the pilot is speaking to us and he seems calm and friendly. He comes back on several times to tell us there is a storm and he would like us to stay seated and buckled up. We hit some bad weather and we are bouncing along. Now I figure with Edward back there we might be ok but when the plane tilts a bit I think , boy this kid (pilot) sure knows his stuff! We bounce around quite a bit and suddenly we are 35 minutes to landing! W O W ! This flight was something else.  As we flew into those clouds I assumed either we would meet Jesus or I may just be too old to appreciate a young pilot who had incredibly terrific skill piloting that plane. I knew God was holding us up there and an incredible peace came over me. 


Hello Lord, these clouds are very pretty, the sky is bluer than it was fifteen minutes ago. I am guessing you are pushing us through this weather situation with the help of these two young incredibly savvy pilots! 

Did I mention the young man behind me was griping my seat and holding on for dear life. A sweet lady across from us, had felt ill and they moved her closer to where the attendant in our section was sitting so she could keep an eye on her.  Avery and I prayed so hard on that plane and I felt God 's presence there. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken for He is right beside me. It is the truth and He held on to every single person on that plane to make sure we all remained cool, calm and collected. What a ride, one I will always hold close to my heart.


WHILE IT LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE OUT OF CONTROL, BEHIND THE SCENES THERE IS A GOD WHO HAS NOT SURRENDERED HIS AUTHORITY  A.W. TOZER

 While  sometime it looks like things are out of control, they are not. God has proven to me many, many times no one on this earth is in control. He ultimately is and He holds up those who need holding. He proved it to me once again August 24, 2023. Thank you Lord!



 I had to post this sweetness! My friend Shirley and her husband Scott have been married 47 years on August 20, 2023. Shirley and I worked together at the County Treasurer's office in my hometown and she retired from there! Oh My Goodness! She and Scott are the perfect couple, they belong together and always have. She shared this cute meme too.
 



I always wanted to stop by this purple zebra and snap a photo with him. In a quick, quiet moment Avery took these shots of me. 


We stopped for a cool beverage on our way back to our hotel room.  We aren't much for liquor so the bartender at our hotel poured us a tall cool glass of 7 Up!


We had a good trip and some fun experiences. I will continue our story tomorrow at my other blog as these days race away and we are still recuperating from running around and then coming home and getting readjusted into our daily lives. We sure missed our adjustable bed. A nice blessing in our lives.



3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

How cute you are with the purple zebra!
Ya, the other evening NBC National News was showing footage of all the Vegas flooding.

Nick's job sounds entertaining, but OMW. Your experience coming home underscores why I refuse to ever fly again.
Thank you, Mr. God for bringing my friends safely home again.

Linda said...

I'm so glad you have a good time and are safely home! My son works for American Airlines and we flew First Class from Aberdeen, Scotland back in 2009. We spent an entire month there with our daughter Amber and her husband. They lived there for a year. I'm so glad they did fun adventures before they got pregnant with quadruplets - who are now 11 years old!

messymimi said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I'd want a picture with the purple zebra, too.

When things seem out of control, I thank our Heavenly Father that King Jesus is still on the throne!